• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 10:21 AM, The Meta said:

I think the situation dictated that one, and it certainly wasn't the other forums fault 

This is completely different 

Hell if the sway IS to allow outside influence, can you imagine the case I'd be able to present, as well as others.

See how this plays out

It's what Arch called "off board in network" posting.  He wasnt pleased with it.  

On 11/15/2021 at 6:15 PM, CGC Mike said:

They are saved for a later date.  Nothing was deleted.  

OK, thank you. Mike, I'm logging off now but when I return later I would like to know what the policy is on CGC board members posting maliciously on other forums about other CGC board members. If CGC are not prepared to deal with members who post the most disgusting garbage and outright lies on other forums then I'll give up on all of them. I can take small people like Hector posting over at Mos Eisley as I'm not a member there. But I don't expect to see them posting freely here where I am a member. Thank you.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:25 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, that was (hopefully) once-in-a-lifetime extreme. There's no relevance.

To me, that is evidence of criminality, and honestly, nobodies business. Since the involved party made it public, I see Kavs point, but I agree with you. Totally different situation entirely 

On 11/15/2021 at 1:25 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

OK, thank you. Mike, I'm logging off now but when I return later I would like to know what the policy is on CGC board members posting maliciously on other forums about other CGC board members. If CGC are not prepared to deal with members who post the most disgusting garbage and outright lies on other forums then I'll give up on all of them. I can take small people like Hector posting over at Mos Eisley as I'm not a member there. But I don't expect to see them posting freely here where I am a member. Thank you.

I do more reading than contributing on Mos Eisley, but I don't think that it's CGC's place to tell its members how to behave elsewhere. Some food for thought, my friend. 2c

On 11/15/2021 at 6:28 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I do more reading than contributing on Mos Eisley, but I don't think that it's CGC's place to tell its members how to behave elsewhere. Some food for thought, my friend. 2c

I disagree. Let's see what Mike thinks. 

• Administrator

CGC has no control of anything that is posted on another forum.  I do know that management doesn't even want discussions from other forums brought up here.  Warnings were issued by admins in the past for these kinds of discussions.  So, lets drop this subject now.  

On 11/15/2021 at 12:28 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's a sticky situation. If a member on here rips someone off on eBay they can be put on the probation list, I've seen it happen.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:31 AM, CGC Mike said:

CGC has no control of anything that is posted on another forum.  I do know that management doesn't even want discussions from other forums brought up here.  Warnings were issued by admins in the past for these kinds of discussions.  So, lets drop this subject now.  

As it has always been

On 11/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I disagree. Let's see what Mike thinks. 

I'll tell you straight up

I sympathize completely with you being upset. But these remarks are NOTHING compared to what has been said.

Keep that in mind the next time people want to show you things 

What has been said, being nothing to do with you whatsoever 

Edited by The Meta
Clarification

On 11/15/2021 at 12:33 PM, The Meta said:

As it has always been

That's not a factual statement, but since Mike asked to drop it I won't rehash things that happened before you got here...either time.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:37 AM, Logan510 said:

That's not a factual statement, but since Mike asked to drop it I won't rehash things that happened before you got here...either time.

Thought we were content with you having me ignored 

I apologize for the unsolicited PM BTW. Was curious if you had bothered to read it first, of course

On 11/15/2021 at 12:38 PM, The Meta said:

Thought we were content with you having me ignored 

I apologize for the unsolicited PM BTW. Was curious if you had bothered to read it first, of course

I apologize for yesterday. I was trying to agree with you, even though sometimes justified in a person's mind, sometimes things get heated way to quick.

That prolonged, when it didn't need to be.

On 11/15/2021 at 1:31 PM, Logan510 said:

It's a sticky situation. If a member on here rips someone off on eBay they can be put on the probation list, I've seen it happen.

That's a fair note. The banning that has been mentioned was also a matter of protecting the community from harassment (or worse).

As a rule, I would not like CGC to dictate what I say or do outside of the forums. As with most rules, I am certainly open to exceptions. I'm not sure that telling us to not discuss others elsewhere is a good idea, so long as nobody is doxxing or being realistically malicious. The 'line' not to cross may be different for each person.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I apologize for yesterday. I was trying to agree with you, even though sometimes justified in a person's mind, sometimes things get heated way to quick.

That prolonged, when it didn't need to be.

I was speaking to someone else

Unless you read it and felt we had a run in yesterday? I honestly didn't feel that way at all, your apologies aren't necessary :)

• Administrator
On 11/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 11/15/2021 at 1:31 PM, Logan510 said:

That's a fair note. The banning that has been mentioned was also a matter of protecting the community from harassment (or worse).

As a rule, I would not like CGC to dictate what I say or do outside of the forums. As with most rules, I am certainly open to exceptions. I'm not sure that telling us to not discuss others elsewhere is a good idea, so long as nobody is doxxing or being realistically malicious. The 'line' not to cross may be different for each person.

Moderation has nothing to do with the probation list.  That is the difference