• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2021 at 7:17 PM, skypinkblu said:

"may you live in interesting times".

New CGC submission motto?

On 11/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, VintageComics said:

I think we should get CGC to scan the internet to keep us all safe. :baiting:

Seriously. Nearly a year ago I got a 3 week vacation for saying 'or elsewhere' about in a vague reply about posting things in other places and now we're all out discussing it in detail here. :screwy:

Steve, I think you need to chill out.

And if anyone has a problem on 'another forum' or elsewhere then anyone is free to join the discussion elsewhere.

But this witch hunt is becoming ridiculous and asking for some sort of protection by moderators over here about what is being posted elsewhere is about as far a reach as anything I can think of.

What's next? Cruising ALL other forums looking for stuff to post about here? ???

If people want to have a discussion you can either join or ignore. Outside of that, it just becomes something ridiculous.

Ok, saying “or elsewhere” was seriously one of the dumbest reasons to get a vacation ever. You have plenty of reasons to still be bitter about past moderation. That being said, we have to let those past points/vacations go and move forward.

The buck now stops mostly on one person and thus far the boards have been better for it. No one is going to be perfect but its been fair.

This part is not directed at all to you. I must say I am fascinated about going to any other site and complaining about this one, saying you are never coming back, then coming back daily. Its like going to Burger King, complaining about McDonalds but going back and ordering a happy meal with a princess toy every day.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:17 PM, skypinkblu said:

I'm about 12 pages behind and probably won't catch up till the weekend, but I did see one of my favorite phrases used...can't seem to find the post again.

"may you live in interesting times".

This is a good origin explanation.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/may-you-live-in-interesting-times.html

I can get you caught up in a jiffy:

Oak says he knows 80 % of the boardies & they like Kav

CG now has the meat sweats & can't formm sentineces

Adamantium IS forming quite a few sentences

Kav has a man crush on LDC (something for the ladies, I may add)

Now I only say "that's Wut....

only weakness is still the king of gifs but is still a Whopper

Galen has eaten so much Arby's they have bequeathed him meat jogging suits...

Bird puts eggs in his Thanksgiving stuffing

apologies to anyone else I left out!  I feel a case of the meat sweats coming on.....

fisonbomb no longer says anything because he can't say That's what she ---

Edited by Comics4All

On 11/16/2021 at 7:37 PM, CAHokie said:

Ok, saying “or elsewhere” was seriously one of the dumbest reasons to get a vacation ever.

Pretty sure there was a lot more context behind that strike.  
I used to complain abt getting a strike for posting an emoji.  Being honest with myself I admitted it was just the final straw in a series of posts combatting another member.  The mods are not stupid-they can see the whole picture.  If i post an emoji and I know the reason behind it is some zinger, and the person i post it too does too, and thats why I posted it, you can be sure the mods do also.

Edited by kav

On 11/16/2021 at 5:49 PM, Boz aka G G © ® ™ said:

Fact: Everyone is nice, urbane, pleasant when they are selling books. 

You know I'm a nut, so you know I'm smart enough to understand when someone is doing business and when they are genuinely nice.

WHAT I buy is up for debate, not whether someone gives me a great deal on the garbage I love, plus free books.

He did what he did because he genuinely liked me, he saw my passion for what I collected and he wanted to do something nice for a stranger online. 

I've heard stories about how that used to be the norm here, and it's a right damned crying shame it's not and I missed that Era of the boards.

Comics is a lot of things to a lot of people, all through the ages. We who have collected them have always been a bit "off" until the genre hit the big time and became pop culture. 

We were "weird" because we loved funny books. We were kith and kin.

I've met and lost some wonderful human beings because of our shared passion. 

I'd like to see that again

On 11/16/2021 at 5:53 PM, Boz aka G G © ® ™ said:

Who would have thought that you and I could have done it?   Not me.  But we did.

But some fences cannot be mended EVER. Lines have been crossed. When people stand behind that line...'saul good....man.  

If that grudge is a two way thing, than it is what it is.

But if it's not.....