• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, oakman29 said:

I dont know why you dislike me so. I actually really like you, and meant that I would expect better of you. Because I think you are a good person. I have nothing against you at all, but when I see you at shows to say hi you basically ignore me. I dont know where this animosity comes from at all. I'm sorry if I ever got under your skin somehow but it was never meant.

I don't dislike you. Have you ever messaged me privately to discuss it rather than keep bringing it up in public? I hate public drama, believe it or not.

I found some of your past posts overly dramatic and I distanced myself because of them. Nothing more. And maybe it was nothing at the time and I just over reacted.

It's not a big deal and I certainly don't have any animosity towards you.I've already stated that.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:02 PM, DR.X said:

I think we need a 1 800 hotline number for sensitivity training, touchy feelings, he posted a :wishluck::1943168033_violinemoji:and I found it very hurtful or contentious. Bwaaaah. I mean this whole thing is like watching 5 year olds in a school yard. If some of these victims really want to understand the problem go look in the fricking  mirror, and try zipping yer yap shut, and quit repeating the same tripe. :whatthe:

Amazing that a vindictive post like this can still stand in a thread that moderation is reading daily. ???

You realize there's an ignore feature that works better than the 'I don't like this about this person' feature, right?

On 11/17/2021 at 1:07 PM, oakman29 said:

So what do you want us to talk about? Man that cover or story is cool only goes so far in a conversation.  

I don't know.

Do you think talking about other people is a good solution to boredom? I don't.

On 11/17/2021 at 1:33 PM, oakman29 said:

Let's be honest here Roy, when it comes to others like Kav, Cal, Greggy and others , you are all in on a roasting.  When it comes to YOU , your panties get in a bind.  I get it I hope people dont dislike me either, but let's stop the hypocrisy.  I also dont want you to take this as an attack on you. I would say this to my best friend, because I'm honest with people regardless if they are family, friends or my message board family.

I'm probably going to get a hand slap because you are going to report me to moderation,  that's okay I still think you are a good person.

When did you see me roast Kav last? Maybe when he first joined years ago? And we (Kav and I) discussed it via PM, I got to know more about Kav and I dropped it. His 1000's of posts a day, his 'that's what she said' - all of it was bothersome personally, but I don't think I mentioned it once publicly. I just IGNORED it. That's the proper way to do it.

When did you see me roast Cal?

Greggy? He knows that everyone does it out of good fun and it's accepted in a good way, not a bad way. I've never done anything to actually hurt greggy. Even if he enjoys it. :jokealert:

The difference is that when you get along with someone and you crack a joke, you're laughing with them.

The people I get along with joke about me all the time and I don't care. I laugh about myself.

But when people go out of their way to dislike you AND joke about you, that's an entirely different thing when someone is laughing AT you.

Yeah, yeah, don't be a woos, chin up, be a man, I get it.

But it gets tiring. Especially when it feels like it's done with impunity.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll say it again:

Most people's differences are because of social media. In real life you'd never get reactions like this.

Most people would be utterly embarrassed if they acted in real life the way they act on social media...or they wouldn't even get that far. They'd just realize it was wrong. 

On 11/17/2021 at 3:19 PM, kav said:

Just some advice-you can take it or leave it-I used to do counseling and what I would tell some people was "If you are experiencing friction with a large number of people, and also getting upset by it, it's most likely your behaviors which are triggering the experiences you are receiving.  Changing the outside world is impossible-all you can change is the inside world".

I'm not experiencing friction with a large group of people.

I'm experiencing friction with the same small group of people.

I don't even talk to them and they still feel the need to keep talking about me. That's their problem, not mine. lol

Also, thanks for the advice but I've already stated both publicly and privately, no thanks.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:13 PM, blazingbob said:

Listen the LA Rams have OBJ,  we have OhBoyRoy.

Nothing is easy,  won't buy anything unless its a easy win, talks a good game.  Fast at disappearing at shows,  will stop running routes to your booth if a better book is on the wall.  

Yes, but you have a nicest kitchen I've ever seen so you win. :cloud9:

On 11/18/2021 at 7:29 PM, VintageComics said:

I don't dislike you. Have you ever messaged me privately to discuss it rather than keep bringing it up in public? I hate public drama, believe it or not.

I found some of your past posts overly dramatic and I distanced myself because of them. Nothing more. And maybe it was nothing at the time and I just over reacted.

It's not a big deal and I certainly don't have any animosity towards you.I've already stated that.

Amazing that a vindictive post like this can still stand in a thread that moderation is reading daily. ???

You realize there's an ignore feature that works better than the 'I don't like this about this person' feature, right?

I don't know.

Do you think talking about other people is a good solution to boredom? I don't.

When did you see me roast Kav last? Maybe when he first joined years ago? And we (Kav and I) discussed it via PM, I got to know more about Kav and I dropped it. His 1000's of posts a day, his 'that's what she said' - all of it was bothersome personally, but I don't think I mentioned it once publicly. I just IGNORED it. That's the proper way to do it.

When did you see me roast Cal?

Greggy? He knows that everyone does it out of good fun and it's accepted in a good way, not a bad way. I've never done anything to actually hurt greggy. Even if he enjoys it. :jokealert:

The difference is that when you get along with someone and you crack a joke, you're laughing with them.

The people I get along with joke about me all the time and I don't care. I laugh about myself.

But when people go out of their way to dislike you AND joke about you, that's an entirely different thing when someone is laughing AT you.

Yeah, yeah, don't be a woos, chin up, be a man, I get it.

But it gets tiring. Especially when it feels like it's done with impunity.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll say it again:

Most people's differences are because of social media. In real life you'd never get reactions like this.

Most people would be utterly embarrassed if they acted in real life the way they act on social media...or they wouldn't even get that far. They'd just realize it was wrong. 

20211118_165118.jpg.4559edef1abd8ed2b02e55d5a0d84ff5.jpg

On 11/18/2021 at 4:33 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm not experiencing friction with a large group of people.

I'm experiencing friction with the same small group of people.

I don't even talk to them and they still feel the need to keep talking about me. That's their problem, not mine. lol

Also, thanks for the advice but I've already stated both publicly and privately, no thanks.

Well if it's just a small group of people-what's the problem?  There's a small group of people that dont like me and I dont throw constant hissy fits about it.  I might react to a post here or there but I dont complain about being targeted by a 'group' here.  It is what it is.

On 11/18/2021 at 7:49 PM, kav said:

Well if it's just a small group of people-what's the problem?  There's a small group of people that dont like me and I dont throw constant hissy fits about it.  I might react to a post here or there but I dont complain about being targeted by a 'group' here.  It is what it is.

You're not me, right? And I haven't really talked to you about it much, so you probably don't have any idea what's going on, right?

And you got here a decade after me, right?

But you've been going on  about it for about a month now.

Maybe you need to re-evaluate and not me?

In any case, let's just agree to ignore each other. It's better for everyone.

On 11/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, VintageComics said:

You're not me, right? And I haven't really talked to you about it much, so you probably don't have any idea what's going on, right?

And you got here a decade after me, right?

But you've been going on  about it for about a month now.

Maybe you need to re-evaluate and not me?

In any case, let's just agree to ignore each other. It's better for everyone.

Well I'm not the one with a problem.  You are, as you have made clear over and over.  So why would I need to re evaluate myself?

On 11/18/2021 at 7:57 PM, kav said:

Well I'm not the one with a problem.  You are, as you have made clear over and over.  So why would I need to re evaluate myself?

Because you're wrong. :foryou:

I'm going to go back to ignoring you unless you start saying stuff that is wrong again. Have a good one.