• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 11/17/2021 at 5:08 PM, universal soldier said:

@CGC Mike looks like you just need to edit the ones you put in and then maybe provide a glossary of the changes.

":82964208_goodvsevilemoji:" is  :82964208_goodvsevilemoji: so editing it to :goodvsevil: will shorten things up. I don't think you need to anything other than that.

This worked!  (worship)  Thank you.  I was trying to resave the emojis in my computer, and it wouldn't let me do it without the numbers and the word emoji.  I will get the rest changed.  

I think it's funny that after the change, the text he gave for the shortened version now displays the emoji - while the hover text on the older one still shows the long version!

On 11/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, CGC Mike said:

This worked!  (worship)  Thank you.  I was trying to resave the emojis in my computer, and it wouldn't let me do it without the numbers and the word emoji.  I will get the rest changed.  

My pleasure, I love figuring out this kind of stuff. 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:14 PM, ttfitz said:

I think it's funny that after the change, the text he gave for the shortened version now displays the emoji - while the hover text on the older one still shows the long version!

That's kinda bizarre. They must both still be in the system. The new ones look good though!

On 11/18/2021 at 2:07 PM, ttfitz said:

I'd like to think I was a green label.

Also, wow, it let me quote the edit text!

Now I've got a metal plate in me I guess I've gone from blue label to purple. I've got mild restoration. :cry:

On 11/17/2021 at 8:10 PM, kav said:
On 11/17/2021 at 5:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

Does anyone have any objections to the removal of these emojis?

:martini::tink::jaws::download: :$ :S o.O ;) :o

nope.  They are rarely used and way too big.  the face emojis I have never seen used.  We got better ones.

Getting rid of the hand????   :whatthe:

star_trek_looking_at_each_other.gif

• Administrator
On 11/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, D84 said:

@CGC Mike

How about when someone writes in a bad word, instead of changing it to spoon or whatever, it becomes the censored emoji?

I changed the text on one of the bad words listed to the text of the censored emoji, and tested it.  The software doesn't allow the text to convert to an image.  It appears in the post as (:censored:)  

On 11/18/2021 at 9:28 AM, CGC Mike said:

I changed the text on one of the bad words listed to the text of the censored emoji, and tested it.  The software doesn't allow the text to convert to an image.  It appears in the post as (:censored:)  

Yeah,  if that can't be accomplished that idea of having some software aided grading might be a pipedream.  Does AI mean Amazingly Inadequate in the CGC world?  

On 11/18/2021 at 8:28 AM, CGC Mike said:

That works too.

On 11/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, Ares said:

You're still new. 

Give it time and you will be as cold hearted as the rest of us

Exactly...moderation is a thankless job and I can think of at least one former moderator that doesn't even post anymore! :shy:

On 11/17/2021 at 8:48 AM, VintageComics said:

Now you're just trolling me.

I'd say the people 'without cahjones' are the ones that always slip in subtle attacks but stay behind the protection of moderation while doing so.

My door is always open to anyone who wants to have a discussion or mend old bridges. Those that don't want to mend anything but want to keep talking about others are a root problem on this forum and there's a lot of them lately.

I'm out on this string of conversation. Enjoy.

Cojones.  (mods notified)

• Administrator
On 11/17/2021 at 6:46 PM, kav said:

Ok @CGC Mike - just started now-PMs are not going thru no matter how many times you resend.

Hey kav,

Do you get an error message or does it just sit there and you click send over and over?

On 11/18/2021 at 9:26 AM, dena said:

Hey kav,

Do you get an error message or does it just sit there and you click send over and over?

I hit send and then it jumps and the field empties but the PM doesnt appear over and over.

Edited by kav

On 11/18/2021 at 10:00 AM, D84 said:
On 11/18/2021 at 9:28 AM, CGC Mike said:

That works too.

Although I "liked" your message, upon reflection I decided that I actually like some of the replacements for the deemed unacceptable but not "bad" words. You know, the insufficently_thoughtful_person type words.

The ones I really dislike are the ones that just delete the word, leaving nothing at all. I had someone in a PM one time think that I never voted anymore because a word was just deleted without any indication anything was missing. Not sure what the rationale for that would be.

On 11/18/2021 at 1:56 PM, ttfitz said:

Although I "liked" your message, upon reflection I decided that I actually like some of the replacements for the deemed unacceptable but not "bad" words. You know, the insufficently_thoughtful_person type words.

The ones I really dislike are the ones that just delete the word, leaving nothing at all. I had someone in a PM one time think that I never voted anymore because a word was just deleted without any indication anything was missing. Not sure what the rationale for that would be.

I do like some of the word replacement/exchange phrases as well. 

This would be a good opportunity to switch some words/phrases that could actually help defuse situations that would have escalated naturally. 

Note. I am not for censorship, but we know that some words/phrases are not allowed on the boards and those could have a type filter to automatically replace those to alleviate more work. 

Think the show The Good Place the "F" word is exchanged with Fork.. I do realize this may be still taboo ( due to other utensil being previously used) 

Still you get the idea . 

On 11/18/2021 at 12:24 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Now I've got a metal plate in me I guess I've gone from blue label to purple. I've got mild restoration. :cry:

From your description elsewhere, it doesn't sound "mild" but I'm glad it was "professional" rather than "amateur."