• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

@kav I can see what you are saying but try to remember that “your” experiences are not everyones. In numerous threads you have pointed to a topic and said with confidence that you do or don’t believe something because the people you know agree with you. Remember that our particular group of friends or acquaintances sometimes have similar views.

In my circle of friends and co-workers, very few would find TWSS funny and many would look at someone oddly for saying it. My group also does not care that actors do not eat during filming, yours do.  That doesnt make either one of us right or wrong.  In short, try to keep an open mind. :foryou:

For the record, while I find the 30 TWSS lines by the same three people annoying, I have never reported or pm’d the Mod about it. I stated it for all to see. I also find fisting yourself to be almost as bad, but never mentioned that anywhere at any time either.

Btw…there are female members here that no one knows about. I don’t blame them for staying silent about it.

Edited by CAHokie
Add line

On 11/14/2021 at 2:32 PM, CAHokie said:

In my circle of friends and co-workers, very few would find TWSS funny and many would look at someone oddly for saying it.  

You would have had to do a survey to determine this tho.  It was funny enough for saturday night live, the office and many other popular shows.  america did not look at them funny and shake their head.

I belong to the camp that finds TWSS to be somewhat annoying.

I also belong to the camp that knows one person doesn't have the right to tell another what to do/say. I realized many years ago that what I like, someone else may not, and vice versa.

I also belong to the camp (I belong to a lot of camps) that doesn't do what a mod says not to. It's not my forums.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:41 PM, skypinkblu said:

That doesn't mean I think things are funny the 50th time though...and the phrase can't be THAT new, I remember it from college, which was ages ago.

It's funny, I only ran into it a couple years ago, in an odd place. I was trying to catch up on one of those continuing comic strips, like Judge Parker, and was reading them online. There was an exchange like,

"If he doesn't turn himself in, is Sharon is going to the police?" 
"That's what she said."

And one of the comments on the page said, "Really, Sam, a 'that's what she said' joke?" I had no idea what that meant, and had to look it up.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:38 PM, kav said:

post solely designed to attack another member @CGC Mike

That was an attack?

The discussion is about the amount of times people are using the statement "That's what she said" on the forums.

I simply provided a link to a forum search for that phrase.

If anything, I would say that my post is extremely on topic and relevant......and probably the most on topic and relevant post in this discussion.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:41 PM, Domo Arigato said:

That was an attack?

The discussion is about the amount of times people are using the statement "That's what she said" on the forums.

I simply provided a link to a forum search for that phrase.

If anything, I would say that my post is extremely on topic and relevant......and probably the most on topic and relevant post in this discussion.

Cool story bro.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, kav said:

Also a manipulated search it seems-here's my results when i search 'that's what she said':

You have to put it in quotation marks to search on the phrase as a whole.

Try again.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 11/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, Domo Arigato said:

You have to put it in quotation marks to search on the phrase as a whole.

Try again.

I see.  still an attack.  we all know you hate my guts and this is your 'zinger'.
If anyone objective had done it, it would be a different matter.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:45 PM, kav said:

I see.  still an attack.  we all know you hate my guts and this is your 'zinger'.
If anyone objective had done it, it would be a different matter.

So, you want to tell other people what they can't post.....even if it's entirely on topic and simply a search for the phase that's being debated.

But you don't want anyone telling you what you can't post?

Got it.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, Domo Arigato said:

So, you want to tell other people what they can't post.....even if it's entirely on topic and simply a search for the phase that's being debated.

But you don't want anyone telling you what you can't post?

Got it.

The forum rules forbid posts solely designed to attack another member.  We all know this is your grudge acting up again not some innocent informative post.
Nice try tho.

On 11/14/2021 at 3:12 AM, kav said:
On 11/14/2021 at 12:34 AM, ttfitz said:

Since you have to be logged in to see The Water Cooler, that makes sense.

I am logged in, and it used to work.

I don't think you are following what I am saying. The Water Cooler only appears if you are logged in. If you are not logged in - like if you are, say, a Google webcrawler - it is basically invisible. So Google cannot list items from that area.

I don't think it's the only thing - maybe the Moderation section - but unless it can be seen by the outside world, it can't be crawled. I don't know when you might be referring to it working might be, so maybe it used to be visible.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:51 PM, kav said:

The forum rules forbid posts solely designed to attack another member.  We all know this is your grudge acting up again not some innocent informative post.
Nice try tho.

People were discussing how much the phrase is used.

I was curious and did a search on it and posted a link to it so others could see it.

Not everyone in here knows how to use the search function.......or that you need to use quotation marks to search on an entire phrase......at least that's what I've heard.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:53 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I was curious and did a search on it and posted a link to it so others could see it.

Not everyone in here knows how to use the search function.......or that you need to use quotation marks to search on an entire phrase......at least that's what I've heard.

Thats actually only a small sample. There are many with abbreviations and half sentences.

Kav, I don’t think anyone is attacking you personally. I know for sure, I am not. 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:53 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah it was just a helpful altruistic post had nothing to do with your hatred of me.  Sounds legit.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:51 PM, ttfitz said:

I don't think you are following what I am saying. The Water Cooler only appears if you are logged in. If you are not logged in - like if you are, say, a Google webcrawler - it is basically invisible. So Google cannot list items from that area.

I don't think it's the only thing - maybe the Moderation section - but unless it can be seen by the outside world, it can't be crawled. I don't know when you might be referring to it working might be, so maybe it used to be visible.

All I'm saying is logged in or not I used to google say cgc dumb movie things to find it quickly.  Now I cannot.