• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2021 at 4:55 PM, CAHokie said:

Thats actually only a small sample. There are many with abbreviations and half sentences.

Kav, I don’t think anyone is attacking you personally. I know for sure, I am not. 

Yes.....exactly.

I knew that when I did the search......but there are too many variants to search them all out......so I just did the standard version.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:55 PM, kav said:

Yeah it was just a helpful altruistic post had nothing to do with your hatred of me.  Sounds legit.

It was a link to a search for the phrase being discussed.

That's all. 

I made no comment regarding it.

On 11/14/2021 at 2:55 PM, CAHokie said:

Kav, I don’t think anyone is attacking you personally. 

You'd have to understand Domogato's history with me to see this.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:59 PM, kav said:

You'd have to understand Domogato's history with me to see this.

Why are you so concerned about a search for that phrase?

On 11/14/2021 at 3:01 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Why are you so concerned about a search for that phrase?

It was the intent, not the content.  If almost anyone else had posted it I would have laughed.  I rolled my eyes picturing you giggling at your computer screen "I got 'im this time!".

On 11/14/2021 at 5:16 PM, kav said:

It was the intent, not the content.  If almost anyone else had posted it I would have laughed.  I rolled my eyes picturing you giggling at your computer screen "I got 'im this time!".

So now Mike isn't supposed to make a suggestion on what people can post when it's severely overdone.

But you want to be able to control what you feel is the "intent" behind the reason for on topic posts?

I think you need to take a step back and gain some perspective, Kav.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 11/14/2021 at 3:18 PM, Domo Arigato said:

So now Mike isn't supposed to make a suggestion on what people can post when it's severely overdone.

But you want to be able to control what you feel is the "intent" behind the reason for on topic posts?

I think you need to take a step back and gain some perspective, Kav.

You can be disingenuous all you like.  We both know you hate my guts and jump at any opportunity to go after me.  We both kno your intent here its crystal clear.
Nice try tho.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:20 PM, kav said:

You can be disingenuous all you like.  We both know you hate my guts and jump at any opportunity to go after me.  We both kno your intent here its crystal clear.
Nice try tho.

Or not.

As a recipient of that phrase time and time again, I don't elicit it.

Post it, don't post it. I try not to bother people. Some of that is inevitable though. When politely asked, regardless of who it is, I respect a request within reason of course.

Still I don't think there is any ill intent here, I wouldn't ever know for sure, yet seems a small favor to ask.

I get annoyed when there is an actual topic that I'm interested in and no one takes me seriously, yet I more get aggravated at myself for getting excited and not making a cogent response regarding grammar.

Still, I've asked for that to be pointed out to me, so that I can do better! I still get annoyed lol

So in short, seems a small thing to have such a response. To each their own!

On 11/14/2021 at 3:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

As a recipient of that phrase time and time again, I don't elicit it.

Post it, don't post it. I try not to bother people. Some of that is inevitable though. When politely asked, regardless of who it is, I respect a request within reason of course.

Still I don't think there is any ill intent here, I wouldn't ever know for sure, yet seems a small favor to ask.

I get annoyed when there is an actual topic that I'm interested in and no one takes me seriously, yet I more get aggravated at myself for getting excited and not making a cogent response regarding grammar.

Still, I've asked for that to be pointed out to me, so that I can do better! I still get annoyed lol

So in short, seems a small thing to have such a response. To each their own!

mail.gif
@Comics4All

On 11/14/2021 at 5:47 PM, kav said:

Good show! I was thinking there were still edits to be made 😂

I thought I still saw a few. I'm capable, that's why I don't mind it being pointed out.

And @Comics4All it's not "meat sweats", ahem :sumo:

The problem lately is, half way watching TV with others and talking etc- all while typing and trying to incorporate and multi task.

Like write now as I type, your lucky that I don't accidentally type snippets of Columbo. He's in London, I missed how he got jurisdiction, but America's Funniest is about to come on anyway, I never see the ending to Columbo lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Good show! I was thinking there were still edits to be made 😂

I thought I still saw a few. I'm capable, that's why I don't mind it being pointed out.

And @Comics4All it's not "meat sweats", ahem :sumo:

The problem lately is, half way watching TV with others and talking etc- all while typing and trying to incorporate and multi task.

LIke write now as I type, your lucky that I don't accidentally type snippets of Columbo. He's in London, I missed how he got jurisdiction, but America's Funniest is about to come on anyway, I never see the ending to Columbo anyway lol

they were sentences!  every one of em! (worship)

On 11/14/2021 at 6:04 PM, Comics4All said:

My take on this is that I never say anything with the intention of hurting anyone’s feelings whether it be @ADAMANTIUMor new members, or new female members.

As @oakman29 said this is mostly a comraderie thing 

As for people saying it bothers them to read the same thing over & over , I see people making inane comments & I just move along to whatever post or subject I am interested in.

Cheers !

Burger-King-Angry-Whopper-hero.thumb.jpg.b1baa6ec42de6ddb2a6b0915adfd380c.jpg

On 11/14/2021 at 6:04 PM, Comics4All said:

My take on this is that I never say anything with the intention of hurting anyone’s feelings whether it be @ADAMANTIUMor new members, or new female members.

As @oakman29 said this is mostly a comraderie thing 

As for people saying it bothers them to read the same thing over & over , I see people making inane comments & I just move along to whatever post or subject I am interested in.

Cheers !

Indeed. It's all fun and games until someone gets their comics back from cgc, then its :406985155_droolemoji: city.

Those readable raws are dream city too!:960450673_cheersemoji:

On 11/14/2021 at 4:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Indeed. It's all fun and games until someone gets their comics back from cgc, then its :406985155_droolemoji: city.

Those readable raws are dream city too!:960450673_cheersemoji:

Those CGC whoppers!!!!  :pullhair: