• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

I hope all the posts stand 

Kav, let me be objective, you get your back up, EXTREMELY quickly, then the usuals show up

Domo, you can come across very hard nosed and accusatory, I know you don't mean that

People, it's great we have the ability to work this out, because it NEEDS to be worked out, but let's be honest, there's the factor of the usual suspects happening here

And ya, I'm not oblivious the fact this is ME saying it

On 11/14/2021 at 4:24 PM, The Meta said:

Kav, let me be objective, you get your back up, EXTREMELY quickly, then the usuals show up

well this was the guy that scared me in the test:

Screenshot 2021-11-14 4.29.12 PM.png

On 11/14/2021 at 4:24 PM, The Meta said:

Domo, you can come across very hard nosed and accusatory, I know you don't mean that

People, it's great we have the ability to work this out, because it NEEDS to be worked out, but let's be honest, there's the factor of the usual suspects happening here

But it’s ok to discuss things as long as it’s done respectfully. Kav and I are board friends, but it doesn’t mean we have to agree on everything.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:49 PM, CAHokie said:

But it’s ok to discuss things as long as it’s done respectfully. Kav and I are board friends, but it doesn’t mean we have to agree on everything.

I dont have board friends, but I try to be respectful of the board 

Which includes not over posting and being selective of the threads I make

On 11/14/2021 at 6:24 PM, The Meta said:

Lol I don't know about me being a regular at a usual anything, but that may be the correct terminology idk.

If I see anyone having a back and forth when there isn't really a big deal for all those involved, you know in the big picture?

I would hope to keep a thread from being a barn burner, hence the gif.

It's not just @kav we all have quirks, sometimes justified.

I did it for newbies a long time ago that landed me labeled. It isn't just kav, but I'm sure this isn't the hill everyone wants to play on before the holidays is all I'm saying. :tink:

On 11/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I don't know about me being a regular at a usual anything, but that may be the correct terminology idk.

If I see anyone having a back and forth when there isn't really a big deal for all those involved, you know in the big picture?

I did it for newbies a long time ago that landed me labeled. It isn't just kav, but I'm sure this isn't the hill everyone wants to play on before the holidays is all I'm saying. :tink:

You haven't really said anything, to be honest. 

Don't know why you've quoted me

On 11/14/2021 at 4:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wait, what did you say? :D

• Administrator
On 11/14/2021 at 12:15 PM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 11/14/2021 at 11:30 AM, oakman29 said:

I'm fine with all that my friend.  I was never a fan of the "that's what she said " thing anyway. I just dont think cleaning house of everything is good. So thank you for easing my mind that we are still able to not be moderated to the point of extinction. 

You're welcome Oak. If I've overstepped the mark by suggesting we won't be moderated to the point of extinction, and that all that was being asked for today was for some people to show some reasonable restraint, I'm sure Mike will put me straight. 

In the last 3 weeks, I believe I have issued 2 warnings for posting guidelines and politics.  Before I took over and we marked many things under review, there were about a dozen a week handed out.  So, I don't think people have been moderated to the point of extinction lately.  

@ADAMANTIUM I always enjoy your posts of books and I always appreciate when you like one of my posts (of which are always of books I share) which is EXACTLY what this boards are all about

But posts like that put you in the Fisionbomb category of just posting for the sake of posting, because someone else didn't like my posts

Also, @Fisionbomb you know I don't like you, what do you hope to achieve by constantly confusing my posts? 

This is has been clarified as a 18+ board, take your grudges back to high school 

On 11/14/2021 at 6:07 PM, Domo Arigato said:

He's doing the same thing to mine.

Perhaps it's his way to lash out without without taking the risk of someone pimp slapping him into oblivion if he actually posted. lol

He's on vacation I think

On 11/14/2021 at 7:02 PM, The Meta said:

@ADAMANTIUM I always enjoy your posts of books and I always appreciate when you like one of my posts (of which are always of books I share) which is EXACTLY what this boards are all about

But posts like that put you in the Fisionbomb category of just posting for the sake of posting, because someone else didn't like my posts

Also, @Fisionbomb you know I don't like you, what do you hope to achieve by constantly confusing my posts? 

This is has been clarified as a 18+ board, take your grudges back to high school 

No I wasn't posting just to post, I was referring to your post while speaking to @kav

This thread is innocent in the big picture, I'm sure you agree that jumping to conclusions is a quirk. If you think there is another meaning then that's ok too. Its speechless text.