• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video games
2 2

58 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 4:49 AM, Bosco685 said:

I think he is just trying to cover the 'video game' portion of this area.

There is a General Discussion thread that @TupennyConan had started. Maybe this thread is the General Video Game Topics thread?

hm

It says video game but i found few here so :banana:games:banana:what génération you like the most?16 bit for me!and ps1 in second place......time to party :banana:finally a video game thread(worship)

On 11/5/2021 at 8:07 PM, Namtak said:

It says video game but i found few here so :banana:games:banana:what génération you like the most?16 bit for me!and ps1 in second place......time to party :banana:finally a video game thread(worship)

You're definitely in the right place.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:24 AM, Oddball said:

I’m one of those weirdos that plays old school PS games like Bully, GTA San Andreas and Final Fantasy 7 on my iPad with a Bluetooth controller. 

Good that you can synch a current or last generation controller with a tablet instead of using an on-screen cursor,  something I found disorienting, vertigo-inducing, while trying to play Classic Doom or Wolfenstein, and gave up on them.

GTA San Andreas is brilliant. Probably won’t get around to playing the app version as there’s a full remake of the early GTA games on the way.

Edited by Ken Aldred

This is a bit of a rarity, but I've never played a GTA game. Totally by my own choice, but they've just never interested me, and their reputation for being such a things for tweens (even though it's meant for adults, of course) hasn't exactly helped make me interested in those facets of the latest one, makes me perceive the game as a bit try hard (plus the fact it's from like 2013 is also a bit of a turnoff right now, when I want to show off my Series X, and GTA 5 doesn't exactly dazzle). 

I think the only Rockstar game I've ever played has been RDR2, and I haven't put much time into that yet, either. 

On 11/6/2021 at 5:23 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Good that you can synch a current or last generation controller with a tablet instead of using an on-screen cursor,  something I found disorienting, vertigo-inducing, while trying to play Classic Doom or Wolfenstein, and gave up on them.

GTA San Andreas is brilliant. Probably won’t get around to playing the app version as there’s a full remake of the early GTA games on the way.

I agree, San Andreas is as good as it gets. The mobile versions are actually upgraded from the original console versions at higher resolution and it plays better on my iPad with a PS4 controller than it ever did before. I believe the new remasters are going to be on mobile as well so I guess I’m buying it again.

On 11/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, Galen130 said:

I'm a Gen X-er, so I was playing in arcades in the 80s.  My first console game was Duck Hunt.  The last game I played was Assassins Creed Valhalla.  I still love playing games, but I avoid online stuff.  I've owned every Playstation...now the proud owner of a PS5 Digital.  Can't wait for Horizon Forbidden West.  I still love the classic arcade games, but I haven't been to Dave and Busters in about 3 years.  You can drink Guinness while playing Galaga!!! :x:roflmao:

Fellow Gen X’r as well. I’ve owned an Atari in the 80’s and then as time passed, a PS1, Saturn, GameCube, Xbox and PS3. I’m looking forward to getting back into console gaming next year.

Edited by Oddball

I played a lot until the end of ps4....for now im concentring on what i missed (never played before).so right now im back at ps1 games finished soul reaver 1 a few weeks back...i played it a bit back then but i rented it so never got trough it ...but played soul reaver 2 so many times in the past.not gonna go to next gen this year,maybe next but its fun to go back at what was....:341807820_celebrationemoji:

On 11/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, Galen130 said:

I'm a Gen X-er, so I was playing in arcades in the 80s.  My first console game was Duck Hunt.  The last game I played was Assassins Creed Valhalla.  I still love playing games, but I avoid online stuff.  I've owned every Playstation...now the proud owner of a PS5 Digital.  Can't wait for Horizon Forbidden West.  I still love the classic arcade games, but I haven't been to Dave and Busters in about 3 years.  You can drink Guinness while playing Galag!!! :x:roflmao:

Words can't express how much I miss Mortal Kombat(s) 1-3, Rampage World Tour, the first two Gauntlet games, and the T2 arcade game.

Veering off the arcade side of things, though, Baldur's Gate, Morrowind, Fallout 1&2, and the Wizardry series have kept me on PC as an overall mainstay. I'll probably be skipping the PS5/XSX gen assuming this isn't the last, though. Some highlights that I definitely enjoyed on the PS4 were the Metro series, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, RDR2, Witcher III, and Days Gone. Truly a wonderful decade for gaming the 2010s was.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:09 PM, Skylath said:

Words can't express how much I miss Mortal Kombat(s) 1-3, Rampage World Tour, the first two Gauntlet games, and the T2 arcade game.

Veering off the arcade side of things, though, Baldur's Gate, Morrowind, Fallout 1&2, and the Wizardry series have kept me on PC as an overall mainstay. I'll probably be skipping the PS5/XSX gen assuming this isn't the last, though. Some highlights that I definitely enjoyed on the PS4 were the Metro series, Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, RDR2, Witcher III, and Days Gone. Truly a wonderful decade for gaming the 2010s was.

I actually remember playing Dragon’s Lair at the arcade.  I was able to find a blue ray version that you use your player’s remote control to play it.  Not the same though. 😕

Spyhunter was another favorite. 🤣

Edited by Galen130

On 11/7/2021 at 3:09 PM, Skylath said:

There's a spark to classic games that will never be replicated, CAN never be replicated, but I will put in a good word for the modern Mortal Kombat games. Mk9-11 are a nice trilogy of games. 11 in particular looks stunning (especially considering it's still only using Unreal 3) and has a lot to it. Just get the Ultimate version, which has all the expansions and KPs, and can be had for a very good price now, and you're set. 

MKXL still holds up playwise, and can be had dirt cheap if that's your pleasure. You may prefer its roster too, personal preference. 

On 11/7/2021 at 5:10 AM, Dr. Dank said:

We need a Fallout 5 and Elder Scrolls 6 badly

Yup. Another Skyrim on the way, phoned in with the usual higher definition skin upgrade and a bit of extra DLC to tempt us to pay all over again, for something which is just a glorified add-on to my PS3 Legendary Edition version.