• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not OK, really not ok...
4 4

171 posts in this topic

People are saying "squished" when what seems to be really happening on mobile devices (at least on the iPhone I have) is that they are simply cropping the avatars (top and bottom) and showing the middle slice.

This is because the size of the message header is now smaller to accommodate reading messages on a mobile device. (The avatar and poster name/time stamp would take up too much screen space otherwise.)

On 11/10/2021 at 11:29 AM, sckao said:

People are saying "squished" when what seems to be really happening on mobile devices (at least on the iPhone I have) is that they are simply cropping the avatars (top and bottom) and showing the middle slice.

This is because the size of the message header is now smaller to accommodate reading messages on a mobile device. (The avatar and poster name/time stamp would take up too much screen space otherwise.)

What's funny is on desktop they're normal here, but the background pics for profiles are cut up, and on mobile they're normal 

lol there is nothing normal about this forum software 

On 11/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, Dr. Dank said:

lol there is nothing normal about this forum software 

For Invision, there never has been.

I can't remember their competitor from 15 years ago, but they were much better until everyone found out that the creator/owner Chris was scum of the Earth.

"How much complaining can you do? Eventually they find you with a broken hip." 

~Livia Soprano

Seriously though...its the %#@$-offs sending in 200 books at a time that caused all these issues.

CGC was not created to slab a book that came out last week.

SMH

On 11/10/2021 at 1:08 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

For Invision, there never has been.

I can't remember their competitor from 15 years ago, but they were much better until everyone found out that the creator/owner Chris was scum of the Earth.

MyBB? I seem to think that was created by Chris B...something, but I don't remember any drama about him, just that software enhancements took forever to get developed and configuration was persnickety.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:16 PM, Qalyar said:

MyBB? I seem to think that was created by Chris B...something, but I don't remember any drama about him, just that software enhancements took forever to get developed and configuration was persnickety.

Nah, I thought about it for awhile and did some Googling, but nothing was jogging my memory.

On 11/4/2021 at 3:54 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

My 200 books were graded end of September (received date 6/11) and all of them are still sitting GEI for over a month now.

CGC also has about another 600-700 more of my books because I submit every month as do many others.

So my point is I doubt this is your main source of income unlike myself and many others, so if you are upset how do you think we feel currently? lol 

What are you submitting? Modern junk to get your 9.8's? Or books that are actually worth something? There seems to be a clash of cultures going on here. You seem to have sent in almost 1,000 books that are likely worth zip while someone else sent in one Avengers #4 he would like to get back before he dies.

That is certainly your privilege, but I would postulate it is dealers that send in 1,000 books at a time per month that probably aren't important to anyone except them and their income while actually valuable and collectable books are getting damaged, suffering interminable wait times or both just so dealers don't have to go get a real job.

I guess I don't have too much sympathy for dealers who flood a grading company with brand new drek that will never be worth diddly at 1,000 submissions per month per dealer. It would seem as though they are the main problem with TAT if this is actually the case.