• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just When You Think CGC Has Hit Bottom...They Drop Even Further!
5 5

105 posts in this topic

I submitted 36 books back in March and they came back 4 months later damaged all in the same place (if anyone really loves details just go look at my posts).  

They agreed it was their fault and agreed to press, clean and regrade.  It was divided into 2 shipments.

The first shipment comes back and out of 16 books there were 8 comics they never even opened!    Verifired by Checking Their Grading date.  Still have the same damage.  After months they agreed to take those 8 back and fix them; I'm still waiting on those.

Another 11, just came back.  Out of 11 they only pressed and regraded 3 of them!  Of course, those 3 all came back 9.8.  Once again, 8 (different than the above 8)  of them come back unopened!  They still have the same damage!

Each time I just can't believe their incompetence and it just continues to get worse!

What the heck is going on there???!!!!!   

I'm sorry that happened to you. It's been happening a lot to many people. As a human being, I will say I am sorry. Other people as apologists will say sorry, then claw it back by qualifying how busy CGC is and accidents are bound to happen. As if it's part of the service. I could never justify sending any book of mine out and have it damaged, then let it pass on those grounds. I think it would be a different story if "the grade WAS a 9.8 but we smashed into a pallet of waiting submissions and this is now a 7.5. But good news! You books are now part of a pedigree! The 'Bashed By CGC Pedigree! It is SURE to go up in value! Thanks for waiting 7 months for your books just to have us beef them."

That is absolutely insane. I wonder what process led to them stopping after 3/11 were done?  There should be credits given for aggravation-due-to-genuine-incompetence during the slab process but they would be broke it that were the case.

What is there to say but ugh!?

Edited by Bird

People in video game collecting groups on Facebook post complaints about WATA and VGA turn around times and errors.   When they do, it's inevitable that some Mensa reject will chime in on how they're going to avoid these issues by waiting for CGC to get their video game grading division up and running. :facepalm:

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 11/10/2021 at 2:04 PM, Tafkap said:

I submitted 36 books back in March and they came back 4 months later damaged all in the same place (if anyone really loves details just go look at my posts).  

They agreed it was their fault and agreed to press, clean and regrade.  It was divided into 2 shipments.

The first shipment comes back and out of 16 books there were 8 comics they never even opened!    Verifired by Checking Their Grading date.  Still have the same damage.  After months they agreed to take those 8 back and fix them; I'm still waiting on those.

Another 11, just came back.  Out of 11 they only pressed and regraded 3 of them!  Of course, those 3 all came back 9.8.  Once again, 8 (different than the above 8)  of them come back unopened!  They still have the same damage!

Each time I just can't believe their incompetence and it just continues to get worse!

What the heck is going on there???!!!!!   

let me guess was it corner impacts?

On 11/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, Thisisrequired said:

Customer service 101. When you mess up you take care of that customer first. Your books should have been back to you fixed or compensated in weeks. Unless there are so many mess ups they are jammed up months just with those.

Could possibly be so

On 11/10/2021 at 6:59 PM, oakman29 said:

I think I'll just enjoy the books I own raw, and buy a graded book here and there. Submitting to me is not an option.

I don't buy very many books each year, but this is what I've been doing as well.  I've got some raw books that I'd like to get graded eventually......but I spent entirely too many years searching out the best copies with perfect centering and registration.  There's just no way I'd be willing to roll the dice right now.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:59 PM, oakman29 said:

I think I'll just enjoy the books I own raw, and buy a graded book here and there. Submitting to me is not an option.

That’s what I do. Mainly because I’m insanely impatient and don’t want books gone for months and months. 

To the OP, I’m sorry this is happening to you, I really do. I can’t even imagine how frustrating this must be. It’s also unbelievable that CGC won’t even acknowledge the issues and make a simple  statement about all of the QC issues. 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I don't buy very many books each year, but this is what I've been doing as well.  I've got some raw books that I'd like to get graded eventually......but I spent entirely too many years searching out the best copies with perfect centering and registration.  There's just no way I'd be willing to roll the dice right now.

Absolutely,  can you imagine a high grade high dollar key book that you searched forever to find getting a dog eared corner.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:20 PM, oakman29 said:

Absolutely,  can you imagine a high grade high dollar key book that you searched forever to find getting a dog eared corner.

That and getting something lost in the mail is my #1 fear. I don’t have a very high comic book budget and when I do spring for something nice ($200-400 books) I’m on pins and needles until it’s in hand