• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arcane on Netflix
2 2

76 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2021 at 12:44 PM, Bosco685 said:

I watched the first two episodes. I like it!

A very different story told through some interesting animation decisions.

I'm liking it very much too.  Not familiar with animation at all, would you elaborate on the interesting decisions?

And recommend anything like this also worth watching?

On 11/19/2021 at 6:07 AM, Dr. Love said:

I'm liking it very much too.  Not familiar with animation at all, would you elaborate on the interesting decisions?

Love death and robots...

Witcher animated 

Both are Netflix adaptations.

On 11/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, Dr. Love said:

So rather than going for animation portraying actual human features accurately, they go for enhancing certain characteristics.

So the girls have big eyes to encourage sympathy. The burly men have shoulders of cars coming at you to intimidate. And the villains are clearly villains as they have eyes like snakes as they plot their evil plots.

But it's all done in the best of ways to help complement the story. Not to be goofy.

On 11/19/2021 at 5:39 PM, Bosco685 said:

So rather than going for animation portraying actual human features accurately, they go for enhancing certain characteristics.

So the girls have big eyes to encourage sympathy. The burly men have shoulders of cars coming at you to intimidate. And the villains are clearly villains as they have eyes like snakes as they plot their evil plots.

But it's all done in the best of ways to help complement the story. Not to be goofy.

Man you sounded like a literature student.

I watched the first 5 minutes of the 1st episode and was absolutely hooked. 

I can't say enough about the animation.... sophisticated, layered, emotive, creative.

And yet, it's not just the superb animation..... it's the storytelling, it's the voice work, it's the costuming for the characters, it's the world building, it's the amazing music/sound track, it's the tiniest details.

Netflix has hit it out of the park with this series.  It's the most binge-worthy thing streaming right now, I can't get enough.

It's funny, the last thing I watched was "Red Notice".  That one is not animated, nor episodic, but that was possibly the worst thing that I have ever watched on Netflix.  Thank God Arcane is here to cleanse my palette from the carp that was Red Notice.

Edited by gadzukes

Up to ep 7

Anyone else notice that when Jinx goes insane - the animation is identical to 'madder red' from the short lived Image comic 'bedlam'.

Same guy involved?