• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 361 Really need some advice!
3 3

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys I really need some advice. Long story short got duped with an eBay sale. Book was more damaged than pics appeared including a tear right in the middle of the cover. Return is not an option and it's been a nightmare. At this point I'm trying to recoup as much money as possible by possibly getting the book graded to sell. I'm planning to press it so some of the ticks will come out but a big concern is the tear by Spidey's leg. How bad would this get hammered? Thank you much!

20211130_125227.jpg

20211130_125234.jpg

20211130_125255.jpg

20211130_125346.jpg

20211130_125414.jpg

20211130_125422.jpg

On 11/30/2021 at 4:12 PM, Funnybooks said:

I would initiate a return via ebay buyer protection immediately.

This right here. ^

Such a weird flaw that it's hard to know for sure, but since the snag is in the middle of the cover I'd guess 6.0/6.5 range.

I had an unfortunate death in the family which required some time away so the package sat unopened for a bit. I missed the 30 day money back guarantee by a few days and I didn't pay via Paypal so no extension beyond the 30. Reached out to the seller anyway and they were unwilling to refund the purchase even though it was not as advertised. I guess I should have scrutinized the pics more. It was for a lot of Spiderman books and the pics were a bit grainy but the tear was definitely not there. I guess noob mistake since I don't really buy comics online. If it's in the 6 range I guess it's not really worth grading.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, Christophe9999 said:

I had an unfortunate death in the family which required some time away so the package sat unopened for a bit. I missed the 30 day money back guarantee by a few days and I didn't pay via Paypal so no extension beyond the 30. Reached out to the seller anyway and they were unwilling to refund the purchase even though it was not as advertised. I guess I should have scrutinized the pics more. It was for a lot of Spiderman books and the pics were a bit grainy but the tear was definitely not there. I guess noob mistake since I don't really buy comics online. If it's in the 6 range I guess it's not really worth grading.

Condolences  on your loss. 

If u paid with PayPal you may have up to 6 months to back charge a credit card - not sure.

As far as the comic, I have a very good looking Hulk King sized annual 1 with a gouge on the front.  It didn't have the spine tics yours does however.   Mine came back a 7.0 so if a press helps a lot then maybe you can get that

I would NOT....repeat...NOT waste the money getting it graded. Sell raw for $60-90 and be done with it if returning is off the table. And if the listing showed the flaw in the pics then technically, kind of your error for missing it. It happens. Live and learn and keep collecting!

On 11/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, Christophe9999 said:

Hey guys I really need some advice. Long story short got duped with an eBay sale. Book was more damaged than pics appeared including a tear right in the middle of the cover. Return is not an option and it's been a nightmare. At this point I'm trying to recoup as much money as possible by possibly getting the book graded to sell. I'm planning to press it so some of the ticks will come out but a big concern is the tear by Spidey's leg. How bad would this get hammered? Thank you much!

20211130_125227.jpg

20211130_125234.jpg

20211130_125255.jpg

20211130_125346.jpg

20211130_125414.jpg

20211130_125422.jpg

You can 100% return this item....open a case, and start the process

On 11/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, Christophe9999 said:

Contact eBay direct, you can 109% return this item

On 12/1/2021 at 6:45 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I would NOT....repeat...NOT waste the money getting it graded. Sell raw for $60-90 and be done with it if returning is off the table. And if the listing showed the flaw in the pics then technically, kind of your error for missing it. It happens. Live and learn and keep collecting!

I agree with this...it will cost even more to have this slabbed, with or without a clean/press.  You aren't guaranteed a decent selling price afterwards in order to recoup all expenditures.

Also, I'd still contact eBay directly about a return, if you're willing.  Be aware that contacting their customer support can be a real hassle...just be patient. (thumbsu