• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beginner’s Guide to Magazines
5 5

190 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, OtherEric said:

I don't have the Warren Companion.  I do have the CBA issue that formed the initial basis for the book, though:

Comic Book Artist 04.jpg

I've got a copy of that book also, great read! Anyway, after seeing your copy I pulled it back out and was reading the Wrightson Interview. I've always felt it was somewhat disrespectful to classify all of Wrightsons work after the Frankenstein pieces as lesser quality (although that's exactly what I do). It was refreshing to read his take on the subject:

CBA: If I can be frank here: One of the perceptions I had was that you pored your heart and soul into Frankenstein—you almost sweat blood—and you made it drop-dead, gorgeous. It was the best work you had done up until that time. Subsequently....

Bernie: Nothing's been as good?

CBA: Nothing's been as good.

What do you guys recommend as far as stands for displaying magazines (slabs or raw)? Thinking of putting an issue on my desk at home to pretty up the office a little (and rotating it from week to week). I want something that’s going to be stable, and I see a variety of small plastic easel stands. 

For those just starting out (and seasoned as well), I wanted to pull up a link to a thread originally posted by NERV.  All credit to the original poster and to those who added their wisdom.  I recall there being a great thread on skywalds, but alas, it eludes me...

Edited by This is Who We Are

Have people had generally good experiences buying Creepy/Eerie magazines on the boards here? It seems the auction houses and comic dealers don't have many of these magazines so much of the buying would have to be here or Ebay. On some of the recent sales threads I've watched the big Frazetta covers have sold quickly.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:14 PM, horrorfan70 said:

Have people had generally good experiences buying Creepy/Eerie magazines on the boards here? It seems the auction houses and comic dealers don't have many of these magazines so much of the buying would have to be here or Ebay. On some of the recent sales threads I've watched the big Frazetta covers have sold quickly.

I’ve yet to encounter a problem buying or selling on the boards.  But I haven’t done much of either compared to lots of members.