• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PLEASE READ - A Message from George Perez
6 6

104 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 3:20 AM, Galen130 said:

Losing Neal was a real gut punch for me…TEC #404 being my favorite as a kid.  I actually couldn’t post on the boards for a short while, even though I never met the man.  Funny how we comic fans are affected. 😥

George being home where he belongs is fantastic.  Never a better place to be at ease.  It will be a lot to handle if we lost another great one too soon, so many prayers and best wishes to George and Constance. :foryou::foryou:

I can tend to get too hyper emotional, when and where, in reality, I barely know someone, and so I tend to practise at being more controlled in situations like these, including the loss of Neal Adams only a few days ago.  That said, I’ve already done enough enthusing about how significant George and his work has been to me, back when I was a kid, and through to the present day, and how much admiration I have for his immense talent.  Given the prognosis associated with his illness, I suppose there’s a logical preparedness for what’s to come, and you can’t expect asynchrony between two or more equally crushing events, for there to be a selfishly-comfortable spacing between losing  two of my all-time great comic book icons. That’s absurd.  One thing I will say, having met him on several occasions at conventions, he did seem a very genuine, friendly, caring individual, and one would wish there were more around like him. 

Thanks.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/7/2022 at 11:17 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

https://www.cbr.com/george-perez-obit/

George Pérez, Comic Book Artistic Icon, Passes Away at Age 67

I just saw this, after I started a thread.  My heart is broken....two legends gone in less than two weeks.