• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone buy from Mile High? How is their grading?

24 posts in this topic

I see a bunch of books I like. I bought from them years ago but I forget as I am old now. wink.gif

Highly overpriced as well, IMHO confused-smiley-013.gif

You should post what it is you are after and see if a forum member can help you out. I think you'll have better luck that way thumbsup2.gif

JG

Tell you what, find a book they have that you want. Take half your money and burn it, and buy the same book from someone here for the other half. Chances are that half the value would be about what anyone here would take for said book.

Here's an even better idea. Find a book they have that you want. Take half your money and pocket it, and buy the same book from someone here for the other half. And maybe another with the other half.

Tell you what, find a book they have that you want. Take half your money and burn it, and buy the same book from someone here for the other half. Chances are that half the value would be about what anyone here would take for said book.

Here's an even better idea. Find a book they have that you want. Take half your money and pocket it, and buy the same book from someone here for the other half. And maybe another with the other half.

Or you could take half of it and buy Native American pottery. Maybe a nice wedding vase from the Acoma pueblo.

I work right next to their largest division. The grading is overgraded and the prices are purposelly doubled. They double the prices because Internet buyers, especially overseas, are more willing to pay for the "supposed" rare issues. For those in-store buyers, everything is auto 1/2 off. Not recommended for anything but new issues if you live around one of them.

Or, you could take half the money and donate it to the "Constantly Sick" research labs.

You could donate it to my research lab... smile.gif

No it should go to all those affect by constantly being run down by traveling/gardening/pottering/buying/westniling/chucktayloring/ponytailoring/beltbuckling/turquoisering/farmering/and all the other ering's out there that can invade our fragile bodies.

I work right next to their largest division. The grading is overgraded and the prices are purposelly doubled. They double the prices because Internet buyers, especially overseas, are more willing to pay for the "supposed" rare issues. For those in-store buyers, everything is auto 1/2 off. Not recommended for anything but new issues if you live around one of them.

Maybe this is why they have so many comics 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In my experience, MH's grading is all over the map. Case in point: About a year ago I bought four copies of Avengers Annual 10 from MH, all advertised as NM, at $9 a pop. I also bought a Hulk 195 in NM. The Hulk 195 I received was about a Fine. Two of the Avengers Annual 10's looked Very Fine, while the other two looked NM. I sent them away to CGC to get graded and they came back 9.8 W and 9.6 W. So with MH's grading, the only thing certain is uncertainty.

Their grading is A+ compared to their pricing. They actually have a VG copy of Amazing-Spriderman #2 for $2,850. Or you could upgrade to a FINE for only $4,560.00.

Or how about an Amazing-Spiderman #11 cgc 4.0 slight (A) restoration for $425.00. Thats probably a $25 book.

No thanks.

I purchased and received(after a delay due to shipping me the wrong shipment), A set of Photo-Journal Guides in Fine condition. Condition was as stated. Their customer service seems to be good. Would I buy anything other than a less than 10 year old comic? No, their back issues with the exception of modern comics seem to be high.

I made an order on July 26, about a month and a half later and a few phone calls, it was determined "lost", so they refunded me $15 for a few books they didnt have anymore, but shipped the others......still waiting !