• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedrock City Comics theft!!!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2021 at 2:55 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Curious...what if I purchased the stolen item (not knowing that it was stole).  Can it be taken away from me without a refund?

***There was a recent theft here in MN also (comics and sports cards)...thieves are scum

Yes. 

On 12/11/2021 at 2:23 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Where at?  As a fellow Minnesotan, it would be good to know.

Enjoying the dump of fresh show my fellow Minnesotan!!!

There's a card/collectable shop in Hopkins.  Unfortunately I don't think they are any closer to finding who did it.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/10/09/twin-cities-memorabilia-store-offering-10k-reward-for-info-on-stolen-cards/

***Don't mean to hijack the thread

On 12/11/2021 at 1:33 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Enjoying the dump of fresh show my fellow Minnesotan!!!

There's a card/collectable shop in Hopkins.  Unfortunately I don't think they are any closer to finding who did it.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/10/09/twin-cities-memorabilia-store-offering-10k-reward-for-info-on-stolen-cards/

***Don't mean to hijack the thread

Quite alright.  Feel free to post about other comic thefts in the thread.  The more info out there, the more eyes as well. (thumbsu

Curious...what if I purchased the stolen item (not knowing that it was stole).  Can it be taken away from me without a refund?

***There was a recent theft here in MN also (comics and sports cards)...thieves are scum

Yes. The items can be taken away without a refund. 

A thief can't pass legal title so no refund.  You can always sue the thief though.  

On 12/12/2021 at 4:46 AM, Catwomancomics said:

Looks like he’s picking the lock or drilling it out.

Local LCS here has iron gate that goes over entire front inside.  thief can pick all the locks he likes he's not getting past that.

On 12/12/2021 at 1:05 PM, kav said:

Local LCS here has iron gate that goes over entire front inside.  thief can pick all the locks he likes he's not getting past that.

There were some local pawn shops that had similar gates.. Thieves here went in through the roof. :facepalm:

On 12/12/2021 at 11:07 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

There were some local pawn shops that had similar gates.. Thieves here went in through the roof. :facepalm:

They could try here-but its a 4 story building and he's on ground floor.  walls are brick.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:09 AM, Robot Man said:

Around here, they would just drive through the gate, smash, grab and be gone before anyone showed up. 

Not possible here-always cars parked in front-no access to drive thru.  cars-sidewalk-store.

Damn. That sucks; I know that store well.@MrBedrockis a solid guy. Stiff negotiator & in business to make money, but he’s always been fair. Having been where the good stuff is kept, I can’t imagine anyone getting into it on a smash & grab. 

*Update* Asking around & it looks like this is not an isolated incident. Pop Culture Company, up the road a bit from Bedrock, was also robbed on December 1st. Freakin’ thieves…

Edited by BabaLament