• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedrock City Comics theft!!!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

Hey, gang!!  I don't know if this post is coming too late or not, or if it's a moot point now, but I'm passing on information from somewhere else on the web involving a couple thieves breaking into a Bedrock City Comics location in Houston, TX.  This occurred on December 8th.  I wanted to put this out there in case any assistance can be provided.  I don't live in Texas, but I know some of you do and may already know about this.  Below is their list of stolen items, which I'm quoting from another reliable source.

"Bedrock City Comics in Houston reported on their Facebook page earlier that they were robbed early this morning at their Galleria location.

Copied from their post:

There was a burglary at our Galleria area location last night around 5:30 AM. Two men broke in and stole 65 or so high-dollar back issues. Thankfully, the store was closed and no employees were present at the time.

CGC Books:
Incredible Hulk #181 (4.5) 2109778001
Thanos Quest (9.6) 0247941008
Deadpool vs X-Force (9.8 ) 0345400006
Wolverine #66 Variant (9.6) 3707576006
Spider-Man Unlimited #1 (9.8. ) 2080821012
BRC Sandman Locke & Key (9.2+) x3 copies
Rom #1 Signed (9.8 )
Grimm Fairy Tales BRC (9.8 )
Goon 20th #1 Singed (9.8 )
Walking Dead #1 Last Wine Var (9.8 )
Web of spider-Man #18 (9.6)
Champions #1 (9.8 )
Superman's girlfriend #70 (6.5) 3707577002
Creature Commandos (9.8 )
Tip Top (Peanuts Cover) #186 (4.5) 3941078006
Wonder Woman (4.5)
Flash (8.5)
Ungraded Comics:
Brave and the Bold Suicide Squad
Strange Adventures (First Animal Man)
Star Spangled War Stories (First Unknown Solider)
Shadow #1
Forever People #1
Weird War Stories
War
Green Lantern
Firestorm #1
Superman 80-pg Giant
Shazam #1 x2
Suicide Squad #23
My Love Story
Superman #75
Action Comics
Detective Comics
Spectre #1
Rom #1
X-Men #4 (Omega Red)
Machine Man #1
Machine Man #7
Journey into Mystery #84
Tomb of Dracula
Solar Man of the Atom
Star Slayer #2
Hulk #271
Avenger #257
(5) Sandman Vertigo Issues
Undiscovered Country #1 NYCC Foil
Undiscovered Country #1 NYCC B&W
Eternals Issues (2)
X-Men #9
Thor #145
Marvel Two in One #1
Black Widow (2021) Variant
Fables #1
Captain America
Magnus Robot Fighter
Harbinger
Uncanny X-force Sketch Cover
Boys #5
Avengers Silver Age Issues
Boy Meets Girl
Misc Stuff:
Son of Frankenstein Lobby cards
When Worlds Collide Lobby Card
Disney Sheet Music
Signed Astro Pictures
McFarlane Loose Toys
Marvel Legends Loose Toys"

Edited by Galen130

On 12/10/2021 at 12:32 PM, Randall Dowling said:

This is lame.  I'm sorry to hear about this.  Hopefully, people can keep a look out and nail these chumps.  Thanks for posting, Galen!  (thumbsu

My pleasure.  I'm usually not in a position to help directly, but passing on vital info can prove fruitful.  I have my doubts this will be resolved, but the more eyes looking out, the better. 

Creepy.gif

Eye Don't Understand.gif

Not many people know this, but postal inspectors and certain LE investigators who work these kind of crimes can enter the cgc number into a database which constantly scans the web for those numbers and even photos if they have photos of the comics.

Thieves are the worst.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:12 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not many people know this, but postal inspectors and certain LE investigators who work these kind of crimes can enter the cgc number into a database which constantly scans the web for those numbers and even photos if they have photos of the comics.

Thieves are the worst.

That's interesting! Do they ever come up with the dirt? Without a tip?

I believe you, yet sounds like a really hard thing. Still got to stay hopeful! Especially since sometimes that's the best we got.... :wishluck:

On 12/10/2021 at 6:18 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's interesting! Do they ever come up with the dirt? Without a tip?

I believe you, yet sounds like a really hard thing. Still got to stay hopeful! Especially since sometimes that's the best we got.... :wishluck:

Yes it works. Once people started hearing about people getting caught, the smarter ones won't sell the items on websites. Any items that have serial numbers can be scanned. But, that info has to be actually entered online. But most still aren't smart...🙂

Unfortunately, it is unreal how quickly and far stolen property can move. I can think of several times when weapons were stolen and then recovered literally halfway across the US the next day.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 12/11/2021 at 8:01 AM, Randall Ries said:

I am so sorry. Just as a heads up: This sort of "smash and grab" is likely going to ramp up. People are doing it in broad daylight.

It’s become worse every day

I dont understand the criminal logic behind wearing hi vis.

It doesn't give you any credibility, actually makes you look even more suspicious. To me anyway, I've spent a career around it 

On 12/11/2021 at 9:00 AM, FoggyNelson said:

I miss Mr Bedrocks posts an hope we are lucky enough that he returns to the boards again some day

I've always enjoyed his posts -- is there a reason he is absent from the boards now, sorry if I missed it?

On 12/11/2021 at 11:02 AM, kazoo said:

I've always enjoyed his posts -- is there a reason he is absent from the boards now, sorry if I missed it?

Hope these books are recovered and the thieves get their day in court.

I believe a Bedrock sales thread was locked and he was upset and publicly attacked moderation. 

Please don’t let this thread get derailed over Bedrock.  I don’t know him personally, nor do I know what occurred on the boards.  This thread is for getting the word out about the theft, NOT to create friction.  Thank you!! (worship)