• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CFP Comics & Services Cleaning & Pressing
2 2

47 posts in this topic

I would be concerned about security and insurance for any place that has a near year long wait.  Having insurance is one thing. Having insurance for a year long que is something I'd want to see.

On 6/19/2022 at 11:21 AM, Imbo said:

Can I ask a general question about CFP? I love their reputation and fully grasp the industry backlog. So I took the leap of faith and submitted a handful of books mid-July 2021. His website mentions that he's currently working on books rec'd/paid in Oct 2021 but when I log into CFP it shows my order status as "Books received at CFP". 

My question: does CFP not update the status or does this mean CFP hasn't pressed/cleaned my books yet? I sent an email to CFP but haven't heard back so thought I'd see what your experience has been. Since it's my 1st time submitting books, I'm anxious. Especially since these books were my most of my big keys...

You may be one of my customers who didn’t send in paperwork with the books. My FAQ sections states this will add significant time to the TAT. 

What would really help us if I knew who you were. Please text me as it appears I am not getting all of my emails, again. 

Edited by joeypost

CFPs web-site says I get a 15% discount if I let them submit my books to CGC.  Is there any special notations or numbers that need to be placed on the submission form before I send it to Joey? Usually CGC gives me a total when I fill out the form, I presume this will be changed at CGC if Joey delivers them.

bumping up an old thread and sort of piggybacking off the above comment/question

due to all the praise and positive feedback I am considering using CFP to press/clean a book and have them submit to CGC on my behalf but I'm a bit confused as to the process in trying to navigate Joe's site 

under order type I select yes please send my book(s) for grading after they are pressed

because I don't currently have an active paid membership with CGC I select no I am not including my own paperwork ... I enter the comic details under the add comic screen and in the end all it does is give me the total for the press to add to my cart and checkout 

nothing about choosing the service (CGC in this case), return shipping or the grading/encapsulation .... under the benefits it says "We will handle the submission of your books to CBCS or CGC and complete all necessary paperwork" 

how exactly is that handled?  does Joe reach out outside of the online submission process and provide me the additional costs for that and any other service if desired (ex. custom label) and how exactly is that additional cost processed/invoiced if not directly through the website?

lastly, when messing with the online submission to create an order since I tried adding the book the first time and only saw the pressing cost I tried again just to see if I was missing something and it now has 2 entries for the same book in my cart ... if I submit I obviously only want to submit 1 of the book but there is nothing that allows me to delete or edit an entry or clear the cart completely .... any suggestions?

I did email @joeypost via the Get in Touch prompt with some of these questions but if someone here can answer instead I'm sure it would give him more time to work on your books :wink:

thanks in advance

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 6/19/2022 at 5:43 PM, joeypost said:

You may be one of my customers who didn’t send in paperwork with the books. My FAQ sections states this will add significant time to the TAT. 

What would really help us if I knew who you were. Please text me as it appears I am not getting all of my emails, again. 

I'm in the same boat, here @joeypost.  Mailed and received in early August and had no movement in the order page and questions have gone unanswered.  

this is the first time im using this service and my books were submitted on nov 28 . currently says in process. im hoping for the best outcome . you guys are right its kinda hard to navitgage the order system if ur not a paid member.