• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Character(s) Created 1990-Present?
1 1

92 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2021 at 2:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was thinking cry for dawn

but I'm not sure it is currently a character being used.

You don't mean any 90 character? or do you mean, with the 'hell' aspect?

Any character created between 1990 and now.

Squirrel Girl qualifies, but I personally would not include her on a list with Spawn and Hellboy, even though she did defeat The Mad Titan...

On 12/13/2021 at 2:31 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Deadpool

Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)

Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

Ah, yes, I would put Deadpool in the conversation.

I considered both Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales, but I don't think they're that high up there.

Edit: I could be wrong, but throwing names into the hat is exactly why I created the thread.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

X-23

Harley Quinn and other usuals.

there really would be a lot but not as mainstream as movies and all.

Still there is Tank Girl and other indies.

Perhaps if Valiant progresses in movies then you also would have RAI or Bloodshot 

there "can" be a lot to consider :) 

On 12/13/2021 at 2:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

X-23

Harley Quinn and other usuals.

there really would be a lot but not as mainstream as movies and all.

Still there is Tank Girl and other indies.

Perhaps if Valiant progresses in movies then you also would have RAI or Bloodshot 

there "can" be a lot to consider :) 

Harley Quinn is a good one. Probably on the same level as Spawn, Hellboy, and Deadpool.

I would put X-23 in a lower group, but her inclusion in Logan gave her a lot of exposure.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:37 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Harley Quinn is a good one. Probably on the same level as Spawn, Hellboy, and Deadpool.

I would put X-23 in a lower group, but her inclusion in Logan gave her a lot of exposure.

yes I can agree on X-23 seeming lower class.

After collecting some kids and clones of wolvie, there are a bunch: rain and Daken and the list goes on lol I think there was even a lover of wolvie in the90s that died or even offspring died right after birth or some such drama.

The list would be endless, cheapens the thrill, much like the spider-verse imo. all have merit though :) 

On 12/13/2021 at 2:41 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Guess I was looking at it from a popularity standpoint. Some of you probably do think that Squirrel Girl or X-23 are 'better' than Spawn and Hellboy.

I just Googled Evil Ernie and that's actually an intriguing concept for a character/story.

Ok, I went with Preacher because I took “best” to mean best read. But if we mean most successful I guess the bucket is Spawn, Harley, Deadpool. But inevitably it will be Miles, per the Disney machine.

Bonus thought — “Black Monday Murders” may be the best post-1990 read almost no one ever noticed. 8 issues before an abrupt stop, but it’s a good read if you can track it down.

On 12/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, Readcomix said:

Bonus thought — “Black Monday Murders” may be the best post-1990 read almost no one ever noticed. 8 issues before an abrupt stop, but it’s a good read if you can track it down.

I agree. I read pretty much anything by Jonathan Hickman. Good art, as well.