• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide in hand

200 posts in this topic

Don't tell me that you are actually at work!

It's a holiday man!

Holiday schmoliday.....the phones aren't ringing today so I actually get more acomplished....plus the kids are home.... crazy.gif

Thanks for the prices.... wink.gif

odin88,

As Hammer would say, "Mega$aurus" has a one page ad (among several) that says "Home of the One Million Dollar Publisher's Pay Copy of Marvel Comics #1". It is the 2nd to last page in the book. That is the only reference to record breking prices that I can see in his ads.

Ted

As Hammer would say, "Mega$aurus" has a one page ad (among several) that says "Home of the One Million Dollar Publisher's Pay Copy of Marvel Comics #1". It is the 2nd to last page in the book. That is the only reference to record breking prices that I can see in his ads.
Hey, the ad doesn't say he SOLD it for a million...it could just be saying that it's got a million-dollar price tag on it! If he had already sold it, then JP's place wouldn't be its "home" anymore! I noticed that it wasn't reported in the front market report section as a sale. Since it would be record-setting, you'd think it would be the center of the market report section.

same ads as every year most of the dealers dont even change the layout from year to year Same boring articles on the Victorian/Platinum Age stuff. Overstreet is trying to cram this stuff down our throats. I dont know of one person who collects that stuff.

Hey, the ad doesn't say he SOLD it for a million...it could just be saying that it's got a million-dollar price tag on it! If he had already sold it, then JP's place wouldn't be its "home" anymore!

This is what I've been saying for awhile.

If this book actually sold, it would have made all the news - no one wants to

sell a book for a million more than he does to get all the publicity for that first huge sale, and it hasn't happened yet.

But if it does, does that make the Silver Streak #1 paycopy worth a quarter of a million or anything? laugh.gif