• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide in hand

200 posts in this topic

Amazing Detective Cases #13 in VG and FN

Blue Bolt Weird Tales #115 in FN

Daredevil #2 in VF

Hand of Fate #24 in VF

Jumbo Comics #99 in NM

Mister Mystery #18 in VG and FN

Mystery Men Comics #3 in VF/NM 9.0

Out of this World #6 in NM

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #136 in NM

Swamp Thing #1 in NM

Swamp Thing #5 in NM

Weird Terror #3 in VF

ADC - $62 and $93

BBWT - $138

HOF - $178

JC - $200

MM - $118 and $177

MMC - $3,750

OOTW - $310

SGFLL 136 - $22

ST 1 - $160

ST 5 - $40

WT - 276

Like clobber said....get off your arse and go buy the guide! tongue.gif

Do you guys live in another country where the guide isn't out yet or do we have a large shut in audience who can't get out to the stores?

I've ordered my copy, it just hasn't arrived, and no one has been nice enough to answer my previous post frown.gif

Hulk #4 mine is 8.0

FF #3.....7.5.............please thank you in advance

Now...stop yer whining! tongue.gif

Hulk 4 - VF $979

FF 3 - FN $600, VF $1,700

Do you guys live in another country where the guide isn't out yet or do we have a large shut in audience who can't get out to the stores?

In my case have to wait for the weekend because San Francisco SUX for comic book collectors. Closest place is just too far from work to get there during work hours.

X-Men 2 (1963)

F.F. 1 & 5 (1961)

X-Men 2 - $152GD,304VG, 456FN, 1288VF, 1894VF/NM, 2500NM

FF 1 - $842gd,1684vg,2526fn,9350vf,20675vf/nm,32000nm

FF 5 - $248gd, 496vg,744fn,2232vf,3416vf/nm,4600nm

Someone please tell me a sane reason why someone would pay 75X guide for The Shadow #1 CGC NM/MT 9.8 @ $2,500.00.

Welll, because The Shadow is playing right now on Sci-Fi channel as we speak! (at leat on the West Coast it is).

joe_collector said:

Another important factor is that the updated OS prices are not solely from 2002-03 data, but are long-term averages that take the new data into account. This helps keeps price increases stable, mitigate the effects of a crash, and keep dealer buy prices low in the age of CGC and Guide Multiples.

This is total b.s. The #7 ranked Platinum Age book value-wise in the 2002 Overstreet Guide was (Buster) Brown's Blue Ribbon Book of Jokes and Jingles nn (#1) from 1904 at $3,600.00 in VF. It is a key Platinum Age book as it is the first Buster Brown comic book premium issued and has an appearance by the Yellow Kid. It states that 5 or 6 known copies exist. The new guide dropped it's value by half to $1,800.00. Given it's rarity and historical significance, how does Overstreet consider that stable and justify the volatility?

Yes, I am SEETHING!!

Ted

cause with 5 known copies they must be making up 9read: estimating) the prices. There's not enough data. Its like Action 31 listed for $400K. Its never sold for that much, but there it is!

But if THIS is the book in the new guide that pissies you off most (a book which 99% of us here have no idea about!) then Ill have to ask you---- why do you think it was priced at that much last year, any why its been cut in half??

I had to wait in order to take advantage of Chuck at MileHigh...

No way I can get that puppy shipped to me for a reasonable price, so I waited until Chuch had another 40% off deal combined with free shipping to Europe..

Although the 40% off isn't valid on the new Overstreet guide, I just selected about 25 dollar books as well, so I can have everything shipped for free to Europe.

Chuck deserves the ribbing he gets on high grade books, but for getting a lot of cheap books to (and heavy books as well) to Europe, it's hard to beat his free shipping, especially when you wait for a 40% sale....