• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Price Guide in hand

200 posts in this topic

I like what it says about CGC:

Many buyers of certified comics see them as a stock certificate and not as a comic; they look for that certain CGC grade number that they consider an investment. Beautiful books are not being regularly passed on. The absurdity of it all is that these investors now view most Bronze age under 9.6 and most Silver Age under 9.4 as low grade.

How true, how true. If I hear one more person refer to a F or VF comic as a "raw POS," I'm going to harm them. smile.gif

If there was a poll, I'd guess that comment came from Metropolis.

Vinnie has harped several times on "beautiful" books being "passed" on due to the numerical grade not being good enough. I say "pass" them this way man...and he has...several times...thanks! wink.gif

"Who made the comments? Bob?"

I didn't even check. It was in the Market Reports, and was Doug Sulipa of Comic World. That gives the comment less credibility, but I think it's still true as ever.

now if i could only get this type of response when i post items for sale!

Gman - if you posted your great books at these guide prices, I'm sure you'd be overrun with replies! tongue.gif

You are the man for starting this thread - now look up my Smurfs 1-4 and other Star Comics key issues... thanks! wink.gif

Doug Sulipa of Comic World. That gives the comment less credibility, but I think it's still true as ever.

Hmmm...I guess a lot of dealers feel that way. BTW - I've always thought Doug gave the most in-depth market reports out there...what's up?

and was Doug Sulipa of Comic World. That gives the comment less credibility, but I think it's still true as ever.

I also have to ask what was meant by this? The man knows his stuff.

Oh, I'm sorry. I've never heard of Doug. I just assumed that once people heard it was from a dealer, and not a staff writer or Bob himself, they wouldn't hold the opinion as valuable. I totally agree with his comments, so more power to him if he does have a credible opinion.

I have to give you guys credit for wanting to get to the bottom of what may have sounded like a slam on Mr. Sulipa. smile.gif I too love the market reports, and can't wait to read them tonight. I buy Comic Book Marketplace just for the few pages of market reports. Like I said, I was preemptively assuming if I said it was from a dealer, someone would have said, "Well, that's just one guy's opinion."

Yo Gman, what are the prices on these:

Cap 100

Surfer 1

Iron Man 1