• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neal Adams Allstar Superman #1 Variant

24 posts in this topic

Thanks, just found it myself. Yeah, i've discussed some of those theories with Neal at the last several SDCCs. He had the video running there a couple of years back. Don't want to derail this thread with that though...

Does anyone know if this is just a 50/50 variant cover or some "rare" dealers' incentive?

Does anyone know if this is just a 50/50 variant cover or some "rare" dealers' incentive?

"DC Comics has provided Newsarama with the first look at Neal Adams’ variant cover for All-Star Superman #1, due in stores on November 16th. Retailers will be able to order one copy of the Adams variant cover for every ten copies of the regular cover All-Star Superman #1 they order.

Please note that due to this change, retailers may reduce their orders on ALL STAR SUPERMAN #1 (SEP050218) one time only from now through October 19. Qualification for the ALL STAR SUPERMAN #1 VARIANT EDITION (AUG058281) will be based on final orders after any order reductions are made. For example, if, after any reductions, your final order on October 19 is 100 copies of ALL STAR SUPERMAN #1, you may order up to 10 copies of the ALL STAR SUPERMAN #1 VARIANT EDITION. "

I'm sure the original pencil/ink Supes is awesome, but I'm not loving the second rate Photoshop effects, especially on Supes' chest logo. Too many glow effects make this look like a bad airbrush job.