• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grader Notes for Comics Now Available with All Paid Memberships
3 3

77 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Posted on 12/16/2021

As a FREE service to all paid members, Grader Notes can be accessed through the Verify CGC Certification tool.

Certified Guaranty Company® (CGC®) is updating its policy regarding Grader Notes for comic books. Starting December 16, Grader Notes for comics (when available) will be provided as a free service to all CGC paid members and Authorized Dealers. Grader Notes will no longer be offered for sale individually.

In addition to full submission privileges, there are many great benefits to being a paid CGC member, and now access to all available Grader Notes for comic books is one of them. Previously, paid CGC members received complimentary Grader Notes only for their own comic book submissions. With this update, whenever a comic book has Grader Notes, paid members will be able to view them for free.

CGC Grader Notes are a valuable part of the grading process that provide more information about CGC-certified comic books. When CGC graders examine a book, they may enter comments about its condition that describe problems, indicate the quality of interior pages and help explain why a collectible received the grade it did.

Some examples of CGC Grader Notes include:

• Right Center Front Cover Lite Fingerprints
  • Left Center Back Cover Moderate Erasure Mark
  • Top Spine Water Damage
  • Staple Rusted w/Rust Stained Interior
  • Interior Heavy Tanning

For more information about CGC Grader Notes, click here.

How to access CGC Grader Notes

Log in to your paid CGC account and go to the free Verify CGC Certification tool. Enter the CGC certification number for the comic that you would like to look up. If Grader Notes are available, they will be viewable here.

If you are not logged in to your account or you are not a paid CGC member, you will see a button if a book has Grader Notes, which will prompt you to sign in to your account or join CGC.

Join CGC today!

Now is a great time to join CGC as a paid member. Not only are free Grader Notes available for paid memberships, you get full submission privileges, 10% off at the CCG Store and a free CGC Shipping Kit Voucher if you are a new member. Also, the CGC Online Submission Form has been upgraded to make submitting collectibles faster and easier, and there’s much more to come as CGC continues to optimize and expand its services!

Memberships start at just $25/year. Join now >

On 12/16/2021 at 1:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

and it's for "all comics?" with paid membership! Not just your own?

Joy to the world @Crops068

This is for all comics?  I only buy CGC books and dont submit any?  I can finally check the notes? What is the cheapest plan I can sign up for so I have access to all notes?

Thanks!

jeff

On 12/16/2021 at 1:00 PM, jeffreyk said:

This is for all comics?  I only buy CGC books and dont submit any?  I can finally check the notes? What is the cheapest plan I can sign up for so I have access to all notes?

Thanks!

jeff

https://www.cgccomics.com/about/help-center-faqs/about-cgc/general-cgc-faqs/

I think it is all found at the link, or

go to cgccomics.com and go to the upper right, click on account and look through the different tiers :cheers: 

On 12/16/2021 at 1:00 PM, jeffreyk said:

Thanks!

jeff

:signfunny:

On 12/16/2021 at 2:08 PM, jeffreyk said:

Thanks..its says "Free graders notes for msot of your comic book subm,issions from May 2012 to the present".

I would like tos ee graders notes on books I did not submit.  

Just checked on a book that I did not submit and I can see the graders notes.

Think they may not have updated the whole site yet.

-bc

On 12/16/2021 at 1:08 PM, jeffreyk said:

Thanks..its says "Free graders notes for msot of your comic book subm,issions from May 2012 to the present".

Thats what they're saying it is now, they may have to update the wording on the site @CGC Mike

Still that is what is happening as I am a paying member, and it works on books that I haven't personally submitted.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, jeffreyk said:

I just called them.  They said its on all books with a paid memebership!

Indeed! Glad to have you!

And if you do end up submitting and not just notes, you'll have it as an option. :)

• Administrator
On 12/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thats what they're saying it is now, they may have to update the wording on the site @CGC Mike

Still that is what is happening as I am a paying member, and it works on books that I haven't personally submitted.

Can you send me a direct link to the wording that needs to be changed?

On 12/16/2021 at 1:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

Can you send me a direct link to the wording that needs to be changed?

It was on @jeffreyk end, I sent him this link

https://www.cgccomics.com/about/help-center-faqs/about-cgc/general-cgc-faqs/

and told him to go to account in the upper right, to scout membership tiers, that's all "I" know :shy: 

On 12/16/2021 at 1:08 PM, jeffreyk said:

On 12/16/2021 at 1:13 PM, jeffreyk said:

I just called them.  They said its on all books with a paid memebership!

Awesome! Now if you'd enjoy ever submitting either for restoration check or any other "authentication", you'll have it as and option!