• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Transformers Limited Series #1
3 3

8 posts in this topic

I am looking to sell this book and #2 (separate thread) raw but want to be able to properly describe them.  This one, #1, is in fairly decent shape overall other than the entire top of the book was very rough cut.  I'm not sure I have seen anything like this in any other of my comics.  I would generally say this looks like silverfish damage, but these books have been in tight bags since the day I bought them back in the 80's probably.  Pages are white.  Could use a pressing but it's not going to happen.  Thoughts?

image0.JPG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image4 (2).JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image7.JPG

image8.JPG

image9.JPG

I’m not yet that good at grading.  I just thought it would be of interest, I have 2 copies of this and one of them has the same rough edge on the top of the back cover. It must be a production flaw.  I just sent it to CGC for pressing and grading.  Do they take into account that this is a production flaw rather than damage while grading?

On 12/21/2021 at 10:12 PM, Karmichael27 said:

I’m not yet that good at grading.  I just thought it would be of interest, I have 2 copies of this and one of them has the same rough edge on the top of the back cover. It must be a production flaw.  I just sent it to CGC for pressing and grading.  Do they take into account that this is a production flaw rather than damage while grading?

Depends on whether or not CGC considers the flaw common. I have 2 copies I've owned since the newsstands and while they are very rough, neither exhibit this flaw and this is the first I've seen or heard of it.