• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,370 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2022 at 11:49 AM, CGC Mike said:

I want one for my cactus garden.  Well, it's pretty much a rock garden now, as the cactuses need to do a lot of growing.

DSCF1181.JPG

That looks like a nice little area. Be nice when the cacti are bigger. 

On 12/8/2022 at 7:49 PM, CGC Mike said:

I want one for my cactus garden.  Well, it's pretty much a rock garden now, as the cactuses need to do a lot of growing.

DSCF1181.JPG

Awesome awesome and plenty of room to grow. :)

I have one too that I keep in a planter, although it'll keep inside still through the winter  :)

• Administrator

Thanks guys.  The white stone is white marble chips.  It only cost me $300 per yard.  They sparkle in the sunlight.  The other stones were 3 to 4 dollars per pound.  It was worth it, though.  Virtually no weeding is needed.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:00 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thanks guys.  The white stone is white marble chips.  It only cost me $300 per yard.  They sparkle in the sunlight.  The other stones were 3 to 4 dollars per pound.  It was worth it, though.  Virtually no weeding is needed.

Awesome 👍 less upkeep and more permanent the better. That ain't cheap, but looks nice squared off like that, let's hope the cacti grow shapely as well.

• Administrator
On 12/8/2022 at 9:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome 👍 less upkeep and more permanent the better. That ain't cheap, but looks nice squared off like that, let's hope the cacti grow shapely as well.

I have a green thumb.  Well, it was a little red after trimming up that bad boy in the center...  

On 12/9/2022 at 12:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have a green thumb.  Well, it was a little red after trimming up that bad boy in the center...  

Will those cacti on the outside get much bigger? 

On 12/8/2022 at 9:51 PM, Cat said:

Will those cacti on the outside get much bigger? 

It does look big doesn't it! I think it depends on water regularity, but I've never maxed out one lol

Once it grows too big for the planter, I stop watering as much, probably not the best compared to actual pruning. It works though haha. :shy:

I kept cacti and venus fly traps as a kid. They were fun, and very hard for me to kill. I can't remember much about their care and maintenance, though. 

Edited by Cat

On 12/8/2022 at 9:07 PM, CGC Mike said:

Wow cacti garden,guess theres no snow where you livehm.i couldnt do that in Québec lol.its awesome, enjoy it for all of us that cant(thumbsu

• Administrator
On 12/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, Namtak said:

Wow cacti garden,guess theres no snow where you livehm.i couldnt do that in Québec lol.its awesome, enjoy it for all of us that cant(thumbsu

Over 80 degrees 19 days in a row and counting.  I used to live just barely south of the border from Quebec for 57 years.  Happy to be snow free now.  :smile:  I just finished planting Lemon, Key Lime, Banana and Pink Grapefruit trees as well.  

On 12/9/2022 at 11:54 AM, CGC Mike said:

Over 80 degrees 19 days in a row and counting.  I used to live just barely south of the border from Quebec for 57 years.  Happy to be snow free now.  :smile:  I just finished planting Lemon, Key Lime, Banana and Pink Grapefruit trees as well.  

I know a lot of people enjoy grapefruit, a bit too tart for me, but the 1st thing I thought of with the first 3 was PIE!! :banana:

Glad to hear you're making time for it :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/10/2022 at 6:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

FB_IMG_1670596903859.jpg

''I'll shut this whole operation down, you hear me? I'll knock it all off this shelf if I have to."

On 12/10/2022 at 8:05 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

FB_IMG_1670623467295.jpg

I'm terrible with directions. So many times I've been asked, given directions, watched them walk off, then realised I've sent them the wrong way. I leave the scene immediately so they can't come back to me. :facepalm: