• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,384 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2023 at 8:21 AM, 1950's war comics said:

they used to build HUGE public swimming pools in America back in the day .. most of them are now disappearing 

On 7/22/2023 at 8:22 AM, 1950's war comics said:

my have times changed , many in the US never learn how to swim today

A 1933 survey of Americans’ leisure activities found that as many people swam frequently as went to the movies.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:25 AM, 1950's war comics said:

the Astoria pool used to have a high dive (pictured), and although the pool still exists the high dive is no longer in use, public pools almost never have even a diving board anymore, much less a high dive

The Parks Department plans to turn the old diving pool into an amphitheater for public performances.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:28 AM, 1950's war comics said:

i grew up swimming anywhere, lakes ponds rivers, the ocean pools you name it, if it was wet and safe we went in !! plus we all dived from high dives and did 1 1/2 flips too , my age grew up in the water , i still swim in a small pool every day !  

Nobody wants to swim in public Urinals.  

On 7/26/2023 at 6:33 AM, Cat said:

I had a nap because I've been ill today, and I had the most revolutionary dream. Come with me as we see the future. Our phones were massive, about 2 foot by 1 foot, and thick, about 10 inches thick. They had a clear dome over the top, which was the screen, and underneath was a holder for vegetables. Yes, vegetables. Stay with me. 

You cut off a 2 inch piece of 10 different veggies of your choice, and inserted them into the phone, by unscrewing the screen and lifting it with a special key only you had access to. Whichever slot you wanted. There were mechanical hooks that had to grasp the piece of say, broccoli (in my dream I distinctly remember broccoli, because it fell out of its holder, and I had to shake my phone to get the piece of broccoli to reattach to the little mechanical hooks, which were shaking like crazy for it) and that then served as your unique PIN. So your PIN might be broccoli, carrot, potato, cauliflower. Unique to you. 

What a revolution to the world this would be! And it'd only need to be replaced every week or so, and readjusted as in my dream twice a week as the veggies decay and fall off the hooks. A small price to pay for total security. 

I'm now open to investors who feel the future is now.

Sounds like someone should lay off of the lettuce.  

Also.. I will just wait for the bacon phone.

I accidentally posted wrong thread and was too busy looking to take a pic of the coin to notice lol

But here it is, the other I had was 1944, but now I DO have a  1942. :)

I know literally nothing about "coins," but looks to be a Philadelphia wheat penny.

Definitely not rare so to speak, just interesting war tidbit of history in loose change lol

Historical significance is all I know, and Google is like it is dirt cheap, still cool to have @1950's war comics

IMG_20230729_133637231~2.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Updated with a vid, but just loose change, I even left it outside last night, as I was counting out perfect change for breakfast this morning lol , and I just happen to see it still laying there this morning, anyway I thought it was cool :) 

On 7/29/2023 at 1:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I accidentally posted wrong thread and was too busy looking to take a pic of the coin to notice lol

But here it is, the other I had was 1944, but now I DO have a  1942. :)

I know literally nothing about "coins," but looks to be a Philadelphia wheat penny

Historical significance is all I know, and Google is like it is dirt cheap, still cool to have @1950's war comics

IMG_20230729_133637231~2.jpg