• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,313 posts in this topic

I had a nap because I've been ill today, and I had the most revolutionary dream. Come with me as we see the future. Our phones were massive, about 2 foot by 1 foot, and thick, about 10 inches thick. They had a clear dome over the top, which was the screen, and underneath was a holder for vegetables. Yes, vegetables. Stay with me. 

You cut off a 2 inch piece of 10 different veggies of your choice, and inserted them into the phone, by unscrewing the screen and lifting it with a special key only you had access to. Whichever slot you wanted. There were mechanical hooks that had to grasp the piece of say, broccoli (in my dream I distinctly remember broccoli, because it fell out of its holder, and I had to shake my phone to get the piece of broccoli to reattach to the little mechanical hooks, which were shaking like crazy for it) and that then served as your unique PIN. So your PIN might be broccoli, carrot, potato, cauliflower. Unique to you. 

What a revolution to the world this would be! And it'd only need to be replaced every week or so, and readjusted as in my dream twice a week as the veggies decay and fall off the hooks. A small price to pay for total security. 

I'm now open to investors who feel the future is now.

On 7/26/2023 at 6:33 AM, Cat said:

I had a nap because I've been ill today, and I had the most revolutionary dream. Come with me as we see the future. Our phones were massive, about 2 foot by 1 foot, and thick, about 10 inches thick. They had a clear dome over the top, which was the screen, and underneath was a holder for vegetables. Yes, vegetables. Stay with me. 

You cut off a 2 inch piece of 10 different veggies of your choice, and inserted them into the phone, by unscrewing the screen and lifting it with a special key only you had access to. Whichever slot you wanted. There were mechanical hooks that had to grasp the piece of say, broccoli (in my dream I distinctly remember broccoli, because it fell out of its holder, and I had to shake my phone to get the piece of broccoli to reattach to the little mechanical hooks, which were shaking like crazy for it) and that then served as your unique PIN. So your PIN might be broccoli, carrot, potato, cauliflower. Unique to you. 

What a revolution to the world this would be! And it'd only need to be replaced every week or so, and readjusted as in my dream twice a week as the veggies decay and fall off the hooks. A small price to pay for total security. 

I'm now open to investors who feel the future is now.

Food on the brain!?! Did you recently go on a diet?

At first I was like 10 veggies for a pass code, I'd struggle to name 10 vegetables to begin with 😂

On 7/26/2023 at 11:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

At first I was like 10 veggies for a pass code, I'd struggle to name 10 vegetables to begin with 😂

No diet, although it's not a bad idea. lol

I have no idea where the dream came from. It was literally a fever dream. 

On 7/26/2023 at 9:27 AM, Cat said:
On 7/26/2023 at 8:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

No diet, although it's not a bad idea. lol

I have no idea where the dream came from. It was literally a fever dream. 

Amen. Prayers more importantly, in Jesus Name, for healing and quick recovery.

I needed to remember that it is Winter there for you, and that might cause a flu or something, the heat is no picnic, but under any kind of weather it sucks to not feel good :foryou: 

On 7/27/2023 at 12:32 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen. Prayers more importantly, in Jesus Name, for healing and quick recovery.

I needed to remember that it is Winter there for you, and that might cause a flu or something, the heat is no picnic, but under any kind of weather it sucks to not feel good :foryou: 

Cheers mate, just a winter bug I've picked up, nothing serious. I've been pretty lucky this winter so far, touch wood. 

On 7/27/2023 at 11:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

6FoG.gif

Doesn't help your case when I literally just read a conversation in which someone was talking about how trains help disabled people on in Japan, someone else said yeah they do that in Sydney too, and someone else responded no they don't, Sydney doesn't have trains. Queue confusion. Then guy confessed he'd been referring to Sydney Florida when he said it had no trains, a town of 135 people. Who the f&#k would have thought they'd be talking about that? An entitled American, that's who. Sorry Addy, but these people do exist. And they're funny as hell. 

On 7/27/2023 at 8:48 AM, Cat said:

Doesn't help your case when I literally just read a conversation in which someone was talking about how trains help disabled people on in Japan, someone else said yeah they do that in Sydney too, and someone else responded no they don't, Sydney doesn't have trains. Queue confusion. Then guy confessed he'd been referring to Sydney Florida when he said it had no trains, a town of 135 people. Who the f&#k would have thought they'd be talking about that? An entitled American, that's who. Sorry Addy, but these people do exist. And they're funny as hell. 

Oh I know it to be true. Even myself, I've not had a lot of "need" to become worldly minded, except on purpose. I know Sidney, Melbourne, and one other town in Aussie town, but would be hard pressed to name another off the top of my head. Greystanes etc. The TV here usually only mentions it in tidbits with 30 second excerpts. Unless it be the Queen RIP. We have 'culture' but it tends to be self-involved, and or, tailored to what we actually hear about it 😂

Oh and I may not go to the TMNT prescreen @Cat it is still on Saturday, and although closer, finding the time this weekend may prove difficult. I usually listen to NPR and the like for a lazy Saturday Morning then it is off it bin dive and enjoy the weekend. Especially when mad funds are low :)  

On 7/27/2023 at 11:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh I know it to be true. Even myself, I've not had a lot of "need" to become worldly minded, except on purpose. I know Sidney, Melbourne, and one other town in Aussie town, but would be hard pressed to name another off the top of my head. Greystanes etc. The TV here usually only mentions it in tidbits with 30 second excerpts. Unless it be the Queen RIP. We have 'culture' but it tends to be self-involved, and or, tailored to what we actually hear about it 😂

lol There's a difference to being ignorant though. You're not ignorant. You're not proud of the fact you don't know much about the world (which is fine, not knocking you). These people are, which makes it funny. They revel in their ignorance. Like why would anyone be talking about trains for one in a town that he admits doesn't even have trains, and only has 135 people? Why even mention that Sydney? Is there a more famous Sydney with over 5 million people? Why yes, yes there is. It's like mentioning Texas and assuming you mean Texas, Queensland (which is a town). Just no. They're obviously probably talking about the state first. 

On 7/28/2023 at 12:00 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh and I may not go to the TMNT prescreen @Cat it is still on Saturday, and although closer, finding the time this weekend may prove difficult. I usually listen to NPR and the like for a lazy Saturday Morning then it is off it bin dive and enjoy the weekend. Especially when mad funds are low :)  

Fair enough, mate. No funds, no funs. I really understand that one. Hope you enjoy yourself whatever you end up doing. 

On 7/27/2023 at 9:02 AM, Cat said:

lol There's a difference to being ignorant though. You're not ignorant. You're not proud of the fact you don't know much about the world (which is fine, not knocking you). These people are, which makes it funny. They revel in their ignorance. Like why would anyone be talking about trains for one in a town that he admits doesn't even have trains, and only has 135 people? Why even mention that Sydney? Is there a more famous Sydney with over 5 million people? Why yes, yes there is. It's like mentioning Texas and assuming you mean Texas, Queensland (which is a town). Just no. They're obviously probably talking about the state first. 

May be an image of 4 people, waterfall and text that says 'Don't Go.... Jason Waterfalls Add Friend Message'

On 7/28/2023 at 12:40 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

May be an image of 4 people, waterfall and text that says 'Don't Go.... Jason Waterfalls Add Friend Message'

Thanks Addy. 12:45am and now I've got TLC stuck in my head. :jawdrop: