• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,337 posts in this topic

On 8/24/2023 at 8:46 AM, DR.X said:

suppose to hit 99 here today, and you could cut the humidity with a knife.

This whole last week. 103-105 with what felt like a wet dryer full of humidity. FB_IMG_1691507169647.jpg.d0ab011f9b2852e0680dab333c095d4b.jpg

We on average in Texas have our last day of over 100 degrees August's 26th or 22nd, but not this year. We've had two days of 110 degrees in a row, I don't want to think about poor Arizona...

I remember several boardies within the last 2 years, me included, that had issues with the air conditioning or hvac or whatnot. Glad the Lord provided!

On 8/27/2023 at 8:05 AM, Cat said:

How're things, Addy? 

all Good Lord willing :) 

I posted in the Garage Sales/ Antique thread, found some decent stuff. Found about 8 issues of #100's Superboy and a few #100's Superman for $3 a piece that I'm able to help a friend out with :) 

Most are only in vg and barely to fine shape, but :takeit: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/27/2023 at 11:19 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I posted in the Garage Sales/ Antique thread, found some decent stuff. Found about 8 issues of #100's Superboy and a few #100's Superman for $3 a piece that I'm able to help a friend out with :) 

Nice find, your friend will be very happy, and it's always great to be able to help a mate out. 

On 8/27/2023 at 8:39 AM, Cat said:
On 8/27/2023 at 8:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Nice find, your friend will be very happy, and it's always great to be able to help a mate out. 

amen! Even with shipping to your area, hopefully it can still be a win for him. I was so broke that I bought only 3 issues and then returned home. I even messaged a boardie that had been to that shop recently to go get them, but after a while, I went back to buy more lol 

The Jimmy Olsens are still there, but if not for that boardie and because I was broke, I might not have ventured out. It's tough because it is Labor Day weekend, one of the "lower holidays", and while most stores don't "forget it", it can be hard to remember as it isn't advertised for "sales as much".....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/27/2023 at 11:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

amen! Even with shipping to your area, hopefully it can still be a win for him. I was so broke that I bought only 3 issues and then returned home. I even messaged a boardie that had been to that shop recently to go get them, but after about 4 hours in the hot heat and after dinner, I went back to buy more lol 

The Jimmy Olsens are still there, but if not for that boardie and because I was broke, I might not have ventured out. It's tough because it is Labor Day weekend, one of the "lower holidays", and while most stores don't "forget it", it can be hard to remember as it isn't advertised for "sales as much".....

Do you need to borrow a bit of cash, mate? I can PayPal you a bit if you're desperate. 

On 8/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, Cat said:

Do you need to borrow a bit of cash, mate? I can PayPal you a bit if you're desperate. 

oh it's appreciated. I'm "only broke because I bought stuff :makepoint: which sounds like, "of course", but was planned expenditures so No Worries.

I'm good till next payday, which is what matters. The Mad cash is done for now, but I have 26 slabbed issues at the LCS on consignment to reboost the comic funds.

I figure now is a good "time for Inivincible", but no one is out too much in the heat, back to school started last week, and Invincible doesn't officially release season 2 until November I think.

It's appreciated, but the Lord has it covered! It is good to have friends and Lord willing I can return the favor sometime when needed :x 

On 8/27/2023 at 9:24 AM, Cat said:

Good to hear, mate. As long as you're good, that's all that matters. 

I also bought a new guitar, which timed me out with my comic flipping fingers lol

Again appreciate the gesture, I haven't needed to borrow yet, but if opportunity raises when I'm broke, like I'd appreciate being done to me, I try to give heads up (on comics) to others to take advantage as I know they've done the same for me. Superman is cool but not a part of my repertoire, and there was other good stuff picked up for me. :)

I know you're happy sleeping but now for guitar fingers! I'm sure others are more serious, but mine not too bad to give nightmares lol. 🙏 Pleasant dreams yowzah! 

IMG_20230827_095219210.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
"on comics"

Just about to turn off the lights. I stayed up late reading, got really into my Marvel UK Transformers reread, didn't notice the time, haha. Yep, nice calluses, true signs of a guitar aficionado. What kind of guitar did you get? 

On 8/27/2023 at 11:59 AM, Cat said:

Just about to turn off the lights. I stayed up late reading, got really into my Marvel UK Transformers reread, didn't notice the time, haha. Yep, nice calluses, true signs of a guitar aficionado. What kind of guitar did you get? 

PRs SE Standard 24 Vintage Cherry, and a GR-55 Roland Synthesizer.

Spoiler

I'm not sure what year the guitar, specifically is, but I think it was a 2014-15,

@Cat

Edited by ADAMANTIUM