• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,345 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2023 at 5:58 PM, 1950's war comics said:

it's a miracle he didn't destroy his intestines 

I noticed in the death part they were sure to say "died of natural causes!". :roflmao:

You could google as idk if I copied and pasted the part of "ate and ate but not without consequences... Dot Dot Dot", as I had dinner coming up soon, and didn't want to spoil my appetite.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/2/2023 at 6:49 PM, Cat said:

I didn't know Cessna's came in low-calorie. 

I hear it tastes like chicken :insane:

On 12/3/2023 at 7:22 PM, s-man said:

I hear it tastes like chicken :insane:

But you can eat it medium-rare. Win for the Cessna. 

On 12/2/2023 at 3:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Perhaps the strangest object that Lotito said he consumed was a Cessna 150 airplane that he claimed to have started eating in 1978, swallowing the aircraft bite-by-bite until 1980, according to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not.

Michel Lotito, a French entertainer, was known for his unusual diet of consuming metal, glass, and rubber. He was designated by Guinness World Records as having the “strangest diet” on record1. Lotito’s diet included, over the course of his life, “8 bicycles, 15 supermarket trolleys, seven TV sets, six chandeliers, two beds, a pair of skis, a low-calorie Cessna light aircraft and a computer” 1. He is also credited with being the only known person to consume a coffin, handles and all 1.

Lotito famously went on to eat a small plane next, taking two years in total to do so. Piece by piece, Lotito ate an entire Cessna 150 airplane between 1978-80 2.

Therefore, Michel Lotito holds the Guinness World Records title for the Strangest Diet 13.

I find it hardto believe he ate a plane lol 

On 12/3/2023 at 7:27 PM, 1950's war comics said:

signature series book of mine...

NGC.jpg?cb=041921PMG.jpg?cb=041921CGC.jpg?cb=041921CGC-cards.pngCCG.jpg?cb=041921
©2001 - 2023 Collectors Society   |   Legal   |   Privacy Policy   |   Contact   |   800-587-1897

2434962_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MS8xNS8yMDE1IDI6MDc6MDMgUE0%3d

Russ Heath! He had it down pact!

On 12/4/2023 at 11:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

hm

It's without the c good to know 💯

Although by the time I use it again I'll forget lol

Screenshot_20231203-194030.png

A pact is like an agreement, an oath between people. "We made a pact to return here each summer." 

On 12/3/2023 at 7:43 PM, Cat said:

A pact is like an agreement, an oath between people. "We made a pact to return here each summer." 

Well I knew that for sure, but thought that is why it had the c, to the order of having it down as an "oath or gospel" on a subject.

It made more sense than whomever Pat is and why we should all have it down like him or her lol

Your Australian and maybe don't know this pic as reference, although there was a movie!

But it does make more sense, I'd have to look up the definition of pat maybe it means more like a patten on a subject in shortened to pat from patten like an invention?

Screenshot_20231203_194827_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 12/3/2023 at 8:01 PM, Cat said:

Yeah I looked up the origins too. Didn't see anything really satisfactory or conclusive. 

Lol no worries, I don't use it often, want to be correct when I do, and wasn't much else going on lol

Merry Christmas! I thought I'd mention the only Invincible I have left is #144 in cgc 9.8, and Invincible returns #1 the variant in 9,4 , which is also the 1st grand Regent thragg.

I figured I'd wait until you'd finished reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed! I only last month got Disney so now 2 streaming services, and I can't go over board to also be able to "watch Invincible!"

Still glad you're enjoying 

With the last issue and 1st appearances I do hope more comes down the pike!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/4/2023 at 12:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol no worries, I don't use it often, want to be correct when I do, and wasn't much else going on lol

Merry Christmas! I thought I'd mention the onky Invincible I have left is #144 cgc9.8, and Invincible returns #1 the varying in 9,4 , which is also the 1st grand Regent thragg.

I figured I'd wait until you'd finished reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed! I onky last month got Disney so now 2 streaming, and I can't go over board to also be able to "watch Invincible!" Still glad you're enjoying 

With the last issue and 1st appearances I do hope more comes down the pike!

Yep, Christmas is scarily close now. 

Glad you sold all those Invincible slabs so closely. I think I'll be happy with the Compendiums, though a nice copy of #1 would be great to own one day, as would a 9.8 CGC #51 (or is it 50, the first blue costume, Jim Lee cover, whichever it is). Obviously one is far more affordable than the other. Slabs are just way down my buying list at the moment. 

On 12/3/2023 at 8:19 PM, Cat said:

Yep, Christmas is scarily close now. 

Glad you sold all those Invincible slabs so closely. I think I'll be happy with the Compendiums, though a nice copy of #1 would be great to own one day, as would a 9.8 CGC #51 (or is it 50, the first blue costume, Jim Lee cover, whichever it is). Obviously one is far more affordable than the other. Slabs are just way down my buying list at the moment. 

Ya it's got the Christmas feeling to it, although it's abnormally warm in temperature still, which is welcome. I was tempted to keep these anyway, but would have sold if it could help. I agree on #1 and selling, the reason I had slabbed all that extra was to trade for #1, but LCS's said, "It's a fair deal but easier to sell 1 slab rather than 26." They passed at first.

Spoiler

Lol which I thought was fair, I ended up trading with him and he stated about $800 value, and I ended up with $450 in trade, which cost was $550 for me. The #144&returns#1 ,will put me back in the green. I only traded 21 of the 26 slabs btw

Idk it was the first blue costume or Jim lee  :whatthe: I read it and it's the first the kid helps and they unite as brothers, it kind of reminded me of trying to play as heroes with "my" brother as kids lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/4/2023 at 12:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya it's got the Christmas feeling to it, although it's abnormally warm in temperature still, which is welcome. I was tempted to keep these anyway, but would have sold if it could help. I agree on #1 and selling, the reason I had slabbed all that extra was to trade for #1, but LCS's said, "It's a fair deal but easier to sell 1 slab rather than 26." They passed at first.

Lol which I thought was fair, I ended up trading with him and he stated about $800 value, and I ended up with $450 in trade, which cost was $550 for me. The #144&returns#1 ,will put me back in the green.

Idk it was the first blue costume or Jim lee  :whatthe: I read it and it's the first the kid helps and they unite as brothers, it kind of reminded me of trying to play as heroes with "my" brother as kids lol

Have you read the whole series? 

On 12/3/2023 at 8:34 PM, Cat said:

Have you read the whole series? 

Only about the 45 issues I owned, but not all in a row. I had a friend in college that spoke well of it and was a fan before rumblings of a show. It was explained to me, and gave us something to do between classes.

Still traded about 19 books for $450 which gave me 3 decent slabs and averages onl about $23 per book, but I had made money on the other 6 slabs, along with the subsequent 20 or so raws and doubles. I'm still trying to get over it lol

Easier for a store to sell 19 slabs (which they have already which put me in good with lcs I suppose) than I, and as you point out, I got to read it. :)

Most of it anyway lol @Cat edit to fix auto correct and to say that I got the gist of it in the 45 issues, just wasn't seeking it out as much. Was still before the show when I obtained them. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM