• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,335 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2022 at 11:39 AM, Galen130 said:

Don’t egg on the shiller.  Not worth your time. (thumbsu

If you just ignore 'im he gets bored and goes away.  he thrives on attention.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, shadroch said:

It's actually pretty ironic calling someone a coward behind his back. If I were in middle school, I might be upset.  As far as Kav goes, God bless him.

I respect him just as much today as I did yesterday, last week and next year.

sick-burn-logo.gif

On 10/8/2022 at 6:35 PM, Cat said:

Oh no, is Addie unwell? 

Get better soon, ADDIE!! 

Speaking of which since your an aussie 

I sent a package to Australia in late April! It kept updating till this past week that it was "on its way" , but never left the country. Earlier this week nearly 6 months later, it updated back in Texas. This morning I saw that it was available for pick up.

I went down and picked it up alright. It was marked return to sender by usps and the reason given was a box marked "other", on a list of reasons.

I asked for a refund since it cost $250 and was never delivered, and they told me NO. I asked to speak to a manager, all she did was go and get the package, so I signed for it and left. :(

I'm not sure if the reason was never explained and only "marked other" that they can't give me a refund. Now I'm going to send it to Australia another way, but it's a head scratcher for sure. It's hard for me and the person I was sending it to, to not take it personally  :sorry:

On 10/8/2022 at 4:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I sent a package to Australia in late April! It kept updating till this past week that it was "on its way" , but never left the country. Earlier this week nearly 6 months later, it updated back in Texas. This morning I saw that it was available for pick up.

I went down and picked it up alright. It was marked return to sender by usps and the reason given was a box marked "other", on a list of reasons.

I asked for a refund since it cost $250 and was never delivered, and they told me NO. I asked to speak to a manager, all she did was go and get the package, so I signed for it and left. :(

I'm not sure if the reason was never explained and only "marked other" that they can't give me a refund. Now I'm going to send it to Australia another way, but it's a head scratcher for sure. It's hard for me and the person I was sending it to, to not take it personally  :sorry:

they sick burned you :pullhair:

On 10/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's strange. USPS had problems last year where they'd warehouse stuff to Oz and just not send it, but that's been over with for some time now, with normal operations resumed. Yours is the first going wrong I've heard about in a while. Sorry that happened to you, Addie. 

I'd suggest maybe trying Fed Ex this time, but clearing it with the buyer first, just for that reason. I doubt you will get the money back, nobody saw a cent from our packages that were just warehoused and never mailed, but good luck trying. 

I've got a big parcel coming soon from the States. You've just persuaded me to make sure I use Fed Ex now. 

On 10/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, kav said:

they sick burned you :pullhair:

Well now that I've picked it up and signed for it, I probably shouldn't bring it back down there, or it wouldn't work anyway if I tried.

I left it unopen with all the markings on it in the comic room, I'm just disgusted. Tracking, as far as it got, showed it cleared USA customs three to four times, but it never left Chicago for Australia.

This was the last package I was sending and it's now been six months. I'm soon to have it over with, but crikey!

On 10/8/2022 at 6:50 PM, Cat said:

That's strange. USPS had problems last year where they'd warehouse stuff to Oz and just not send it, but that's been over with for some time now, with normal operations resumed. Yours is the first going wrong I've heard about in a while. Sorry that happened to you, Addie. 

I'd suggest maybe trying Fed Ex this time, but clearing it with the buyer first, just for that reason. I doubt you will get the money back, nobody saw a cent from our packages that were just warehoused and never mailed, but good luck trying. 

I've got a big parcel coming soon from the States. You've just persuaded me to make sure I use Fed Ex now. 

Thanks! Since then it's been figured out, but it was aggravating as heck, cause I even saved a voicemail that said it was lost from someone at USPS I brought the receipt and THE MANAGER at the SAME POST OFFICE told me the tracking hadn't let up and not to fill out the forms or it wouldn't go through.

Just blew my mind grapes at the audacity. Six months later the books aren't lost but, well forgive the rant 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/9/2022 at 9:55 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well now that I've picked it up and signed for it, I probably shouldn't bring it back down there, or it wouldn't work anyway if I tried.

I left it unopen with all the markings on it in the comic room, I'm just disgusted. Tracking, as far as it got, showed it cleared USA customs three to four times, but it never left Chicago for Australia.

This was the last package I was sending and it's now been six months. I'm soon to have it over with, but crikey!

Thanks! Since then it's been figured out, but it was aggravating as heck, cause I even saved a voicemail that said it was lost, brought the receipt and THE MANAGER at the SAME POST OFFICE told me the tracking hadn't let up and not to fill out the forms or it wouldn't go through.

Just blew my mind grapes at the audacity. Six months later the books aren't lost but, well forgive the rant 😂

The rant is understandable. I had a package go missing for that long, and it was incredibly frustrating trying to deal with it, and the store involved. They resent the order just over a week before the first package arrived. Son of a :censored:

Is there anything you can do seeing you've got a receipt that clearly shows it never left the country? That seems pretty blatant to me. Then again, I know what post offices are like.