• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trade advice
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2021 at 7:58 PM, BlackOut21 said:

@pkj future. 5 10 yrs

Don't think any of us actually knows what will happen, but Sc22 has had moderate price gains while the other two have shot up in chunks. Both Marvel books  will probably settle back down some more, I know GSXM1 has dipped (oddly that grade has not dropped as much as the others ) a decent amount based on @DC# reports in the absolute market sales thread, but the minute MCU talks start back they will go back up. DC keys move but not nearly like the Marvel. 

SC22 and BB28 have been 2 books I have never owned, I always look at them and think I can grab them later for the same or a little more money.

If you are doing cost basis trading and own those two for prices 10 years ago then if SC22 is what you want or need then the time may be right.

Edited by PKJ

On 12/26/2021 at 7:08 PM, BlackOut21 said:

Hi All. Not sure if there is a thread for this but looking for some trade advice. Curious your thoughts. Below is the trade block. Let me know. 

gsx 1 8.5, FF 48 4.0

for

sc 22 5,0

You're not providing enough information for a proper answer.

Are some/all of these books graded or are some/all raw?

If they're graded then by whom?

What is the PQ of each?

Photos of each are a must.  After all you buy/trade the book not the grade...

The SHOWCASE 22 is an attention getter at around 7.5 or better. At 5.0 it's fairly well represented. The reason we don't see it as much, is that the owners don't want to take a loss or barely break even. It does have that cool cover ... I might do the SC22 for the GSX1 straight up IF I either had a buyer or really loved GL ... AND if the SC 22 had true white pages, tons of gloss, and a very strong color strike. As was stated before, good pictures are absolutely necessary. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu