• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC grading "invisible" comics?
10 10

264 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, Crops068 said:

Only in poker. (shrug)

The over/under is one number, my friend. You bet for it to go over or under that number. :)

I'm not a betting man, myself, other than some select $1 bets with friends/family as a physical representation of bragging rights.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The over/under is one number, my friend. You bet for it to go over or under that number. :)

I'm not a betting man, myself, other than some select $1 bets with friends/family as a physical representation of bragging rights.

Well mine is two lol

On 1/26/2022 at 8:40 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

What's the over/under on the graded invisible comics now that there's artificial rarity?

There's a comment in the Bad Idea thread in the Modern Age Comic Books stack by @Crops068 that reads

On 1/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, Crops068 said:

They are “slowly” responding to people, those that bid over $3k have reportedly been notified. 🤷‍♂️

IF those initial 5 orders were sent out immediately and IF nothing else is SOLD beyond that...
I'd say the over under on this manufactured (aka bought and payed CGC grades) collectible is at least $3001

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cgc-asks-bad-idea-to-stop-selling-the-slabbed-invisible-comics/

Well...Bleeding Cool posted an updated story...
Guess CGC dragged their feet long enough to absolve themselves of this marketing fiasco.

Important quote highlighted below:

Middle Earth Comics of Houston messaged Bad Idea's Dinesh Shamdasani saying "Hey Dinesh, what's the word on the invisible book and CGC's stance on selling them? Seeing some things online that they're not exactly behind the idea."
Dinesh replied "What are you seeing? We only built one mechanism for purchasing (and a lot of hoops to jump through!) Demand was insane and all the copies we made available were purchased immediately (on NYE!!). We have 3 big giveaways coming up very soon for copies in 3 promotion partnerships."
So, basically, Bad Idea is happy to stop selling the invisible comics. Because they already sold them all. And we are aware that offers of five figures have been made to those who have copies. We look forward to seeing what happens when the first one hits eBay…

My question still stands to CGC:
Was this the first time a company / person paid for the exact grades they got OR is this the first time CGC was caught?

Edited by Troy Division