• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2023 at 4:04 PM, jsilverjanet said:

i think this might be more due to the writers strike than a strategic change

Not really, Captian America 4 just a few weeks ago was bumped up because it was the closest to being ready. Now it has been pushed way back. Sorry,  to me that means teshoots and rewrites are coming.

On 11/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

I was waiting for the extensive chats about life in general and philosophy differences towards life if something wild was going to come up. And the CGC boards never fails!

crazyrealsilvermarketeer.gif.cccbafd7031a6ad98a7ae3ee78600f23.gif

I'd normally say "get a room" with all this back and forth but not sure if I should add the word "padded"

i've been saying this about Marvel movies for a while, they have stopped being original for quite some time, the production has gone down, and so has the writing but these characters when they were announced some time ago weren't going to generate the interest that the previous group had

The disney formula is in most of the movies (from the first iron man), you just didn't notice it because it was new, it was shiny (good acting/writing/production) but its grown old and tired

add in a villain (kang, he who remains, etc) that no sure anyone really understands or cares enough about, you have zero reason to want to see these movies as a casual fan (vs how will they stop someone who wants to get rid of half the population) - what is the fear with Kang? someone explain it in a simple sentence

in addition to so much output by multiple studios on multiple platforms (fatigue) and I think @Dr. Balls mentioned the last piece some time ago, why should i spend almost $20 per person (not including snacks) when I may have an equally impressive set up at home.

you have to create something new, original or spectacular experience for many people to go to the movies

I love the movies and I love going to see them but it's way to expensive for a product that is too mediocre

On 11/10/2023 at 5:27 PM, paqart said:

Say that to someone who didn't have their business destroyed in the lockdown.

As has been made clear many times, this isn’t the place to address such things. Keep on point about the movie at hand. We seemed to have been allowed a fairly generous berth these past few days, but a blunt detour like this may sadly lead to us not being able to discuss the opening weekend even - good or bad.  :gossip:

Edited by PopKulture

On 11/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, Bosco685 said:

I was waiting for the extensive chats about life in general and philosophy differences towards life if something wild was going to come up. And the CGC boards never fails!

crazyrealsilvermarketeer.gif.cccbafd7031a6ad98a7ae3ee78600f23.gif

The conversations in this thread have actually been fantastic, nuanced, inspiring and engaging. The fact that people are replying, agreeing, disagreeing respectfully and "liking" posts shows that engagement is positive. So far the only people that have complained are people who are constantly complaining. 

Some people have no interest in reading 1000 memes and would rather have proper, LONG FORM discussion. It's why I've had you on ignore since this place opened up and why I NEVER reply to you, out of respect for your right to say whatever you want.

I made an exception this time because someone quoted you and I feel like your post is not only out of line, it's contentious and negative. 

If you actually took the time to read some of it, you'd see that every single post is totally on point with either the thread or answering a question someone asked. You might even learn something. 

I'm sorry if you don't like it but this isn't any single person's personal living room. It's the internet, so if someone is not interest in discussion just don't read it. It's what everyone else does to make this place a safe space for everyone. 

I have to say I am grateful that moderation allows such great conversation. If I wanted to read walls of memes, I'd be on Facebook. 

Have a nice day. :foryou:

On 11/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, drotto said:

Not really, Captian America 4 just a few weeks ago was bumped up because it was the closest to being ready. Now it has been pushed way back. Sorry,  to me that means teshoots and rewrites are coming.

That's what I was thinking as well. 

On 11/10/2023 at 6:27 PM, paqart said:

Say that to someone

While I might agree, this is no longer the place IMO. I know you're hurting. I'm hurting too. 

If ANYONE championed these things, it was me and that's no secret (40 strikes and a ban from the Watercooler for proof).

I've committed to not do it here anymore for everyone's sake including my own. I've taken my points elsewhere where they'll be more effective. 

I would humbly suggest the same. You have made great points and I would hate if you couldn't do that anymore. Just offering advice as a friend. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/10/2023 at 7:01 PM, VintageComics said:

I made an exception this time because someone quoted you and I feel like your post is not only out of line, it's contentious and negative. 

:foryou:

If you say so. Meanwhile, your desire to take the thread out of the loop of focusing on the actual movie led to someone sharing their twisted view on a horrible worldwide-impacting event.

But you go.

:cheers:

On 11/10/2023 at 7:09 PM, Bosco685 said:

If you say so. Meanwhile, your desire to take the thread out of the loop of focusing on the actual movie led to someone sharing their twisted view on a horrible worldwide-impacting event.

But you go.

It's not a say so. I just think it's better for everyone to ignore what they don't like rather than gripe about it. It makes the world go round better and it's the entire reason there's an ignore feature. 

I have NO desire to take a thread out of the loop. The discussion has been about is how horrible the movie is, and this discussion was happening before I even got here. 

I am simply replying THE WAY I HAVE ALWAYS REPLIED ON THIS FORUM with my insights and opinions on why Disney is making the decisions they are. Sure I stray a bit, but it's not intentional. Like, when FF asked me if I was still on my high, I thought it was worth replying to. 

If you put me on ignore, you wouldn't have to see any of my replies and the thread would be as clean as you wanted it to be, while allowing others to engage as they please. 

Anyway, sorry you don't like discussions. I'm out. I genuinely wish you a good day. 

On 11/10/2023 at 6:39 PM, Dr. Love said:

my face says...

123 go

I'm trying to pass this kidney stone but...

image.png.0ea5e716a357d50d4df15765d1a34850.png

I gotta say, I am in love with her face. 

I have always had a soft spot for a woman with a nice strong facial structure and a square jaw and she is beautiful to me. 

On 11/10/2023 at 7:20 PM, VintageComics said:

Anyway, sorry you don't like discussions. I'm out. I genuinely wish you a good day. 

Please assume less about what people like or dislike. Discussion is always fine. And if you need to put people on ignore, you should.

Good day, sir.