• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2021 at 9:53 AM, TupennyConan said:

IM2 was so bad that I never bothered to see IM3. 

My life hasn't suffered any negative consequences. 

Just watch the Marvel One-Shot and call it done. This was solidly told so as to make up for the actual movie.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:53 AM, TupennyConan said:

When the first Iron Man movie debuted, I wasn't a fan. (I didn't become a MCU super fan until later Phases) Being a cinema person myself, I thought the movie looked kinda cheap (it looked and felt like a comedy) and I thought the villain Stane lacked a believable motivation. Why would Stane kill the golden goose who just makes weapons and parties the rest of the time oblivious to everything Stane was doing? If you're going to give me a movie that looks like a comedy, at least stuff it with super-characters, make it more comic booky, and give us a real villain with an actual believable motivation. Iron Man 2 did that. Which is why in the beginning, I liked Iron Man 2 over the first film. IM2 was the initial testing ground for an Avengers film.

On 8/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, TupennyConan said:

It's a very unpopular opinion, but I liked IM 2 better than 1 or 3   I don't go around blurting that one out in real life.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:29 PM, Mystafo said:

It's a very unpopular opinion, but I liked IM 2 better than 1 or 3   I don't go around blurting that one out in real life.

Iron Man 2 is great for the Iron Man's story and the hero characters. The villains are severely lacking.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:25 PM, Larryw7 said:

I thought Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer was one of the best characters in the MCU. He was hilarious but nasty.

He acted the character well, for the most part, but the story for the villains was trash. I think that the story for Iron Man, War Machine, etc was very good in IM2.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 8/30/2021 at 2:35 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Iron Man 2 is great for the Iron Man's story and the hero characters. The villains are severely lacking.

Yup, I would have found the villains more enjoyable if Whiplash was just a one-and-done moment to show new foes are actually popping up in the states, rather than him being tied to the entire plot. 

On 8/29/2021 at 8:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

Pace yourself. It will not be worth the wait.

:insane:

I'm still only half way through Black Widow. Very sad because I love Scarlett in the role from her other MCU entries. But this movie was just going nowhere. 

As far as the first Captain Marvel movie I really enjoyed it and have watched it several times. Looking forward to the next entry.

Edited by PovertyRow
spelling

On 8/30/2021 at 1:29 PM, Mystafo said:

I definitely liked IM 1 the most, just because it was such an amazing step forward for comic book movies at the time.  IM 2 was fine.

IM 3 was pretty bad. It was one of those movies that moved fast enough to be okay in the theater, but once you walked out and thought about it you realized how stupid it was.  

On 11/29/2021 at 12:36 PM, Hamlet said:

I definitely liked IM 1 the most, just because it was such an amazing step forward for comic book movies at the time.  IM 2 was fine.

IM 3 was pretty bad. It was one of those movies that moved fast enough to be okay in the theater, but once you walked out and thought about it you realized how stupid it was.  

Exactly! And unfortunate after the previous two movies building up a good standalone character foundation even outside of the rest of the franchise.