• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 for AF 15 trade ?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hey everyone ,

I have a Hulk 181 9.0 white pages but i am interested in trying to trade it for a low grade copy of AF 15 plus maybe some cash.  I wanted to know the community's thoughts on this for the long-term . also, what's the best way to go about doing this? 

Thanks ! 

If I had AF15 I’d never trade for 181. No offence the Spiderman character is more popular , it’s better book investing wise as 181 is too abundant . I don’t want to come across abrasive I just wouldn’t someone else might 

low grade 0.5 universal is now around 18K 

1.0-1.8 anywhere from 30-38K depending on how nice they look 

Edited by Subby1938

On 1/2/2022 at 2:11 PM, Subby1938 said:

If I had AF15 I’d never trade for 181. No offence the Spiderman character is more popular , it’s better book investing wise as 181 is too abundant . I don’t want to come across abrasive I just wouldn’t someone else might 

+1 - but try posting it in the WTB thread, you’ll probably need to sweeten the offer though

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/50-comics-market-want-to-buy/

On 1/2/2022 at 2:14 PM, c_mkv said:

+1 - but try posting it in the WTB thread, you’ll probably need to sweeten the offer though

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/50-comics-market-want-to-buy/

I may try looking into it just bc there is still so much room to grow for af 15. I am super pissed I didn't follow through and trading across a year ago when 1.0s of af 15 were a lot more comparable to a 181 9.0 WP. 

Thanks for chiming in ! :)

I think the alternative is to sell your Hulk 181 to help pay for a AF15. 

Trades are tough to get maximum value and as others mentioned you won't have people lining up to trade an AF15.  So I would save as much cash as possible and sell the 181.  

Ideally, you could wait for the AF15 to cool and the 181 to start climbing again. Though the risk is, AF15 might not stop climbing for a while and you may end up paying more. 

Edited by KCOComics

On 1/2/2022 at 4:20 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Never would I trade AF15 for Hulk 181. These 2 books are not even close to been on the same level. Spiderman is either the most popular hero of all or tied with Batman. I always said I believe one day we will see AF15 in 2.0 at 100k I know it sounds crazy but that will be cheap compared to say AC1 or TEC27 in 2.0.

Sell it to finance AF15 would be your best bet.

^^

On 1/3/2022 at 6:31 PM, Math Teacher said:

I followed this path, but I used the sale of my IH #181 to help pay for a SC #4.

I've considered selling my 181 a few times. And maybe I will one day to chase a bigger book.  I think I enjoy the memory of getting it more than the book itself at this point. 

auction it on a no buyer-fee site like CL, and take the credit on your profile and buy your AF15 with said proceeds at the same auction or next one (with no buyer's fee) ......

yes, there is the 10% hit up front, but .....

no way you'll find someone to do this as a straight trade IMO