• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Tax Reporting ($600 Threshold per year) and Consignments
21 21

587 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2022 at 11:06 AM, shadroch said:

Which parts of government do you think should run like a business? Should our schools show a profit?  If we extend the school day and put the students to work two hours every day for the company who sponsors that school, think of the savings. How about the police department?  Maybe require each officer to write tickets equal to his salary and benefits each shift? Should our defense department make a profit? Maybe we should invade a few oil rich countries instead of wasting resources helping other countries? Maybe put prisoners to work assembling cars? Should each Congressman sell sponsorships so that Congress pays for itself?  Why should we pay the President a half a million a year when so many corporations would gladly give him millions, if not for those silly laws that prevent it.

Why send men to the moon when sending them to the Congo will turn a profit. 

There was an uproar here a few years ago when it was discovered the state was paying for cable tv in the waiting rooms of the welfare offices. Screw that. Lets show nothing but commercials and turn a profit.

So you are ok with the Government being fiscally irresponsible? 

On 12/25/2022 at 12:03 PM, media_junkie said:

If thats what you got out of it, so be it.  I certainly don't want our police or military working as a for profit organization, nor do I want a candy company sponsoring my schools.

On 12/25/2022 at 11:06 AM, shadroch said:

Which parts of government do you think should run like a business? Should our schools show a profit?  If we extend the school day and put the students to work two hours every day for the company who sponsors that school, think of the savings. How about the police department?  Maybe require each officer to write tickets equal to his salary and benefits each shift? Should our defense department make a profit? Maybe we should invade a few oil rich countries instead of wasting resources helping other countries? Maybe put prisoners to work assembling cars? Should each Congressman sell sponsorships so that Congress pays for itself?  Why should we pay the President a half a million a year when so many corporations would gladly give him millions, if not for those silly laws that prevent it.

Why send men to the moon when sending them to the Congo will turn a profit. 

There was an uproar here a few years ago when it was discovered the state was paying for cable tv in the waiting rooms of the welfare offices. Screw that. Lets show nothing but commercials and turn a profit.

Interesting tidbit. In my county you can receive free labor from county prisoners to assemble an entrance ramp (I.e. a wheelchair ramp). There is no cost to the resident, they must provide the necessary lumber. Also, youre asked to provide lunch for the prisoners and the cop who oversees them on the days they’re there.

On 12/25/2022 at 2:03 PM, media_junkie said:

... don't forget the fiscal irresponsibility of the wealthiest 2% and the Corporate Demi-Gods. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, shadroch said:

If thats what you got out of it, so be it.  I certainly don't want our police or military working as a for profit organization, nor do I want a candy company sponsoring my schools.

The government can't pay for the police or military to not work for a private organization. We are financially bankrupt and running on fumes. It's not a matter of whether it's preferred or not to have government workers being privately funded to keep it going - it's a matter of when. And if those groups are funded by private organizations, they will perhaps require some level of results in work performance. At this point, I personally feel it's a decent gamble - clearly the whole let-the-government-run-the-country schtick continues to fail, and not for one reason, but for many.

On 11/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, WolverineX said:
On 11/30/2022 at 5:03 PM, Tnexus said:

Sounds like Zelle is going to be pretty popular next year. They are not sending out 1099s even over the $600 threshold.

https://www.zellepay.com/faq/does-zelle-report-how-much-money-i-receive-irs

Hahaha.  Zelle will be the new payment platform soon 

They are kidding themselves. You think Paypal wants to send out 1099s. 

On 12/23/2022 at 12:52 PM, Dr. Balls said:
On 12/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, DR.X said:

What is wrong with money orders if you don't mind me asking.

A money order is like a personal check - once it’s cashed, and they don’t send along whatever you’ve bought - that’s the end of it.  Got burned 20+ years ago on sending a personal check for an EBay item that was never sent - and found out that there is no way to get that money back.

I will send a personal check here to an established Boardie - no problem. Anywhere else is a no for me.

I’ve never had an issue with a money order (and didn’t use them much) but I don’t like using payments that have no safety recourse if something happens. 

Ive had the same issue twice its been many years ago, but got my money back both times. I had to call the judge and county sheriff in the area. Fax over my information.(Yes its been that long.) Both times it was in small cities. I got my money back and the local county police got a nice Christmas package from me.

On 12/23/2022 at 1:31 PM, Dr. Balls said:
On 12/23/2022 at 1:17 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I literally for the life of me can't understand why thread is an outrage. 

Without getting specifically political, I think some people might be fed up with the government’s mismanagement of practically everything at this point that affects the middle class - and now this is one more reason for a collective: WTF and that creates a lot of animosity.

I’m not speaking for anyone in particular - everyone has their own reasons, but that could be one of them.

Paying taxes in the United States is just how it works. We all do it, some pay more than others - but when the government decides to nut punch the middle class in every aspect of finance for 3 years running, you’re going to get some complaints, regardless of paying taxes being a truism.

All be the first to say I am disappointed. I've been paying for many years and Covid made me pay quarterly. So I was hoping to weed out alot of online competition with this. Maybe next year. I have zero sympathy for any seller complaining about this and if you own a shop this should upset you because it was getting closer to leveling the playing field. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 1/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, Robot Man said:

I see a lot less internet sales starting now. Folks are going to be doing a lot more live show sales as soon as we are able to safely do so. 

Which begs the question

Do buyers determine the market venue or do sellers determine the venue?

I for one almost never go to a show, my money will not be added to anyone’s bottom line if that means going somewhere I want to avoid.

On 12/25/2022 at 11:03 AM, media_junkie said:

The personal savings rate is at an all time low. Personal debt at an all time high.

Failings banks nearly broke the FDIC

Insurance bailouts, pension plans evaporating…. 

So exactly who is the ‘fiscally responsible’ entity you had in mind?

On 12/25/2022 at 8:24 PM, fastballspecial said:

They are kidding themselves. You think Paypal wants to send out 1099s. 

I believe it's because Zelle acts more as a wire transfer than a payment processing center like PayPal. Yes it's basically the same thing, but the letter of the law apparently is written so Zelle can loophole around it.

On 12/26/2022 at 1:43 AM, NP_Gresham said:

The personal savings rate is at an all time low. Personal debt at an all time high.

Failings banks nearly broke the FDIC

Insurance bailouts, pension plans evaporating…. 

So exactly who is the ‘fiscally responsible’ entity you had in mind?

... exactly, and do we REALLY want to turn over the running of our Government to them ? GOD BLESS... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu