• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions very slow to ship.
4 4

105 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 4:09 PM, 1webslinger said:

I’m still waiting for comic link to cash the check of mine they received December 11th , so far the funds haven’t been taken out of my account 

You need to call their customer service, and remind them that you've paid. If you're lucky, you won't be double charged (happened to me). Then , and only then, you might receive a shipping notice a week or more later.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:16 AM, Artifiction said:

You need to call their customer service, and remind them that you've paid. If you're lucky, you won't be double charged (happened to me). Then , and only then, you might receive a shipping notice a week or more later.

Oops, my bad. I thought you were referring to Comicconnect.

On 1/10/2022 at 7:21 AM, Point Five said:

Update: Just got an email that my 12/12 package has now shipped. :whatthe: :banana:

happy for you, it gives me the slightest amount of hope.

There is a message on my Heritage Auctions account that says:

We are currently holding all shipments for this account. To ship these items, please contact us at Bid@HA.com or call Toll-free 1-866-835-3243.

I have of course contacted them several times regarding this and requested to ship and I have been told each time I contact them that the book is in their "ready to ship" queue but I have a nagging suspicion that they will use that as the excuse as to why it has been 7 weeks since I paid for the item and they have not shipped yet.

With the way Heritage has been accused of operating there is always the remote possibility that they delay it in case it goes up in value and they can reopen the auction continue to shill bid the price up. 

Dear folks, the simple solution for handling Heritage is not to deal with them.  This is what i have done. The 8-12K I used to spend with them now goes elsewhere and I get more in return for my money and treated with respect.

To add insult to injury Heritage sends out emails bragging about how much money they raked in. Money they collect from YOU!

image.png.4068fa6297783c8b7f7aa8eb05d71712.png

The part about it being challenging times and they made record breaking profits - man is that rich!  I'm sure every one reading it can sleep much better knowing that Heritage is pulling in that income.

BTW:

I am employed by a Fortune 20 Corporation, we they net more in 1/2 a day than Heritage does in a year and they don't brag about it  - other than the legally mandated reports to shareholders and government . It would be in horribly poor taste to boast about their income via email communication direct to their customers. To do so would truly wreak of being a low class, low rent outfit.

It is apropos their website is named ha.com because the ha or joke may very well be on you :)

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/10/2022 at 11:02 AM, MAR1979 said:

Dear folks, the simple solution for handling Heritage is not to deal with them.  This is what i have done. The 8-12K I used to spend with them now goes elsewhere and I get more in return for my money and treated with respect.

Those who choose to deal with Heritage must be prepared to pay more for the privilege of being treated as if one were worse than excrement.  To add insult to injury Heritage sends out emails bragging about how much money they raked in. Money Heritage collects from YOU!

We are proud to announce:
Heritage Auctions Record Year- $181 Million Dollars Comics and Comic Art!

Heritage Auctions recorded $1.4 billion in sales in 2021, marking the first time in its 45-year history the Dallas-based auction house has surpassed the billion-dollar mark.

BTW:

I am employed by a Fortune 20 Corporation, we they net more in 1/2 a day than Heritage does in a year and they don't brag about it  - other than the legally mandated reports to shareholders and government . It would be in horribly poor taste to boast about their income via email communication direct to their customers. To do so would truly wreak of being a low class, low rent outfit.

Honestly what is Heritage actually crowing about? That that they made 181 million dollars pulling in money from mostly "collectors" that like to be treated worse than garbage?

All legit and your mileage may vary. They are having significant delays right now and it’s annoying—but so are many industries and supply chains, often due to short-term staffing issues. I choose to see it as temporary, as they have done right by me for 15 years. But obviously, if this turns out to be a permanent state of affairs, I can adjust accordingly.

I contacted them again via their website contact method. To my surprise I got a response rather quickly:

Hello Mr. Janot,

Purchases are held until you request that we ship. Per your call on 11/22, we requested the shipping. Due to extreme backlog throughout the Holidays, it was taken to shipping on 12/21 and will be shipping for you this week. We will forward tracking information for you shortly.

Nylie Ridge | Client Services
Heritage Auctions

My take on this: Nothing happened with my package until today.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:39 AM, Artboy99 said:

I contacted them again via their website contact method. To my surprise I got a response rather quickly:

Hello Mr. Janot,

Purchases are held until you request that we ship. Per your call on 11/22, we requested the shipping. Due to extreme backlog throughout the Holidays, it was taken to shipping on 12/21 and will be shipping for you this week. We will forward tracking information for you shortly.

Nylie Ridge | Client Services
Heritage Auctions

My take on this: Nothing happened with my package until today.

So you requested shipping Nov 22 and it took them a month to move it to shipping?  Inexcusable 

On 1/10/2022 at 9:49 AM, thehumantorch said:

Interesting that they blame the holidays as the issue.  They start in November?

they blame the holidays combined with their tremendous volume of auction sales that has created a massive backlog in the shipping department. meh

On 1/10/2022 at 11:49 AM, thehumantorch said:

Interesting that they blame the holidays as the issue.  They start in November?

To be *extremely* generous to their answer, yes, Thanksgiving was a few days after November 22, and likely meant they were closed a day or two and some staff was traveling for the long weekend. Ditto I suppose for Christmas in December. I can believe that’s maaaaybe 10-15% of the actual problem.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:38 AM, Point Five said:

To be *extremely* generous to their answer, yes, Thanksgiving was a few days after November 22, and likely meant they were closed a day or two and some staff was traveling for the long weekend. Ditto I suppose for Christmas in December. I can believe that’s maaaaybe 10-15% of the actual problem.

Let's be honest here.  They're just prioritizing making money and running auctions and not dedicating resources to actually delivering what you buy?