• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions very slow to ship.
4 4

105 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, Artboy99 said:

*update*

I received an email from a Fedex border representative who advised me I needed to pay customs charges which I paid immediately upon viewing the email. That was a week ago. So, while the book has shipped I still do not have it. Tracking shows it arrived in the Memphis Fedex center.  The tracking has not updated at all in a week and now the book sits in customs. Having had items just "disappear" in customs I am nervous. 

That damn Memphis center is terrible.  They just let stuff sit there.  Sometimes there's a form that needs to be filled out, but in my experience they just say that they need the form when you've already got it.  A phone call usually gets it moving.  

On 1/22/2022 at 2:25 PM, batman_fan said:

I won a piece on 1/16/2022.  Paid on 1/18/2022 (wire transfer) and acknowledged they received it.  Waiting for shipping notification.  Hopefully I am not waiting like everyone else.

Scheduled for delivery 1/28/2022, hopefully it arrives then :wishluck:

On 1/19/2022 at 5:49 AM, jeranimal said:

Still waiting on my books from 12/26/2021 and 1/2/2022.  Sucks that we have to pay for them and then just wait and wait and wait... :tonofbricks:

Both of my books have now shipped.  Looks like they are making their way through the shipping backlog.  :wishluck:

another update to this thread.

I paid for Fedex overnight delivery because I wanted the book sooner than later. Then Heritage held on to the book for 2 months for some reason (shrug)

and now that it is in the hands of Fedex here is the story so far. Picked up Jan 13th, I should have had this package no later than Jan 17th because of the weekend after the 13th.

It is now the 29th...16 days for over night service???

Covid has become the ultimate excuse for horrible service.

Screenshot 2022-01-29 134901.jpg

On 1/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, Artboy99 said:

another update to this thread.

I paid for Fedex overnight delivery because I wanted the book sooner than later. Then Heritage held on to the book for 2 months for some reason (shrug)

and now that it is in the hands of Fedex here is the story so far. Picked up Jan 13th, I should have had this package no later than Jan 17th because of the weekend after the 13th.

It is now the 29th...16 days for over night service???

Covid has become the ultimate excuse for horrible service.

Screenshot 2022-01-29 134901.jpg

Did you call FedEx?  I have the number to the memphis facility, but it does you no good unless you know what the extension is of the person handling your package.  

On 1/29/2022 at 2:05 PM, buttock said:

Did you call FedEx?  I have the number to the memphis facility, but it does you no good unless you know what the extension is of the person handling your package.  

lol I can just imagine trying to call them. 

On 1/29/2022 at 5:56 PM, batman_fan said:

Arrived today 1/29/2022 so 11 days from when I paid.

Mine too. Paid on the 18th and got it today.

Hopefully everyone else who's having problems get the straightened out.

I had problems with them shipping/responding last year, two separate times. I got very picky about what I'd bid on after that...but I'm sure my slowing down has not affected their bottom line.

Comic Connect while not perfect has always responded quickly and politely, they don't sound like they are doing me a favor if I ask where something is. I don't like calling to begin with, but when you get shuffled endlessly, it makes it more upsetting.

Hope you get your book soon Karl!

On 1/27/2022 at 3:20 PM, jeranimal said:

Both of my books have now shipped.  Looks like they are making their way through the shipping backlog.  :wishluck:

Same here. Super frustrating for those who are still stalled, but I've now received both of my January wins.

yet another update. 

This one to show that I got an email from Fedex that my package was supposed to be delivered on 1/17/2022 ( as I expected paying for over night service ) but it is delayed with no explanation at all. This email should have been sent to me on the 17th, not 15 days later.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 063431.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

On 1/30/2022 at 9:23 AM, skypinkblu said:

I had problems with them shipping/responding last year, two separate times. I got very picky about what I'd bid on after that...but I'm sure my slowing down has not affected their bottom line.

Comic Connect while not perfect has always responded quickly and politely, they don't sound like they are doing me a favor if I ask where something is. I don't like calling to begin with, but when you get shuffled endlessly, it makes it more upsetting.

Hope you get your book soon Karl!

This recent experience with Heritage is going to make me pause buying from them. Like you, I will become ultra picky and invariably likely decline to purchase knowing this recent experience is possible. Why they held on to the book I purchased immediately after the auction ended for 2 months is inexplicable.

My last experience buying from Comicconnect was also a horror story when they cancelled my payment for no reason at all. I then had no way to pay them for my purchase and was required to phone them to resolve which I did endlessly every day in the morning, lunch-time and mid-afternoon. I left messages and never heard from them. It took weeks for me to even connect to a live person. That person did not work in the billing department and was going to hang up on me but took pity on me and literally walked the phone to the billing department so I could pay for the book. Having had numerous bad experiences with Comicconnect I no longer deal with them.

Edited by Artboy99

On 2/1/2022 at 1:21 PM, podboy66 said:

Hi Karl,

Sorry to see that you are having such trouble getting your book.  I would call FedEx, this has worked for me when things have gotten hung up with them.

Good luck!

Thanks Vern.

I did call them, here is the generic response: "we are sorry for the inconvenience and do value your business, however due to covid...blah blah blah "

*update*

I got a tracking update around 9 am this morning that said the package was delayed. I got another as late as 10:30 that said the same so I went out for lunch. While I was out FedEx tried to deliver doh!.

When they buzzed my apartment the system is connected to my cell, so I answered the call and the FedEx guy said he could leave it at the local depot which is the Staples 2 blocks from my place. This is far better for me as the main Fedex depot is on the other side of town from me ( 1 hour round trip).

I went to pick the book up right after lunch but it had not actually arrived at the Staples yet. The guy working the front counter offered to call me when it did arrive and he called me 45 minutes ago.

I am home now with book in hand. I am happy the long ordeal is finally over...or is it?

There is crud on the inside of the case. doh!

Planet 51.jpg

Planet 51 crud.jpg

On 2/3/2022 at 6:50 PM, Artboy99 said:

*update*

I got a tracking update around 9 am this morning that said the package was delayed. I got another as late as 10:30 that said the same so I went out for lunch. While I was out FedEx tried to deliver doh!.

When they buzzed my apartment the system is connected to my cell, so I answered the call and the FedEx guy said he could leave it at the local depot which is the Staples 2 blocks from my place. This is far better for me as the main Fedex depot is on the other side of town from me ( 1 hour round trip).

I went to pick the book up right after lunch but it had not actually arrived at the Staples yet. The guy working the front counter offered to call me when it did arrive and he called me 45 minutes ago.

I am home now with book in hand. I am happy the long ordeal is finally over...or is it?

There is crud on the inside of the case. doh!

Planet 51.jpg

Planet 51 crud.jpg

Happy that the book arrived Karl!  It looks great.  Ignore the case.

On 2/4/2022 at 7:57 PM, thehumantorch said:

Hell no Karl, send it back. :devil:

I would like to know how Heritage was able to take such a nice image of the book without the crud in the case showing up? I have tried scanning it and it is very much there. So interesting....

Going through all of my other Planets, they are all perfect with the exceptions of the 2 most recently encapsulated. This "crud in the case" #51, and the inner well damaging the top of the spine on an issue of the Canadian Planets I have.

Edited by Artboy99

On 2/4/2022 at 9:37 PM, Artboy99 said:

I would like to know how Heritage was able to take such a nice image of the book without the crud in the case showing up? I have tried scanning it and it is very much there. So interesting....

Program called Photoshop

Possibly