• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions very slow to ship.
4 4

105 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone else is getting their purchases shipped from Heritage Auctions?

I paid for my book Nov 24th, quite quickly after the end of the auction and it is now approaching 6 weeks and they have not shipped. I called them to inquire 2 weeks ago and was told "your book is ready to be shipped, our shipping department is very behind right now."

I seem to get an email every day promoting some auction from them, I am hoping whoever does their marketing moves to shipping as they seem to be able to get things done.

:pullhair:

Edited by Artboy99

Yep, I'm waiting for a Dec. 12th win. At the time I won there was a banner that they were 2-3 weeks behind in shipping, which seemed reasonable enough. That banner was since replaced by vaguer language saying basically 'yeah, we're way behind, don't call us, we know.'

On 1/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, Point Five said:

Yep, I'm waiting for a Dec. 12th win. At the time I won there was a banner that they were 2-3 weeks behind in shipping, which seemed reasonable enough. That banner was since replaced by vaguer language saying basically 'yeah, we're way behind, don't call us, we know.'

mine is from Nov 21st. 

On 1/2/2022 at 9:44 PM, thehumantorch said:

And Karl, let’s be real here.  An auction house isn’t just responsible for auctioning lots.  They’re also responsible for delivering what they auction off within a reasonable period of time.  Why is there no problems finding items to auction, promoting their auctions, running their auctions, or taking your money?

:flipbait:

Heh... around ten years ago I won something considered high value from Heritage and tagged Voldemort in the post asking how long it takes for heritage to ship since it seemed like it was taking an awfully long time. 

Heritage and Steve were none too happy but Steve did make sure that my item was sent next day. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/3/2022 at 12:24 AM, Buzzetta said:

Heh... around ten years ago I won something considered high value from Heritage and tagged Voldemort in the post asking how long it takes for heritage to ship since it seemed like it was taking an awfully long time. 

Heritage and Steve were none too happy but Steve did make sure that my item was sent next day. 

You “tagged” cbcs? I’m lost

On 1/3/2022 at 9:20 AM, Transplant said:

You “tagged” cbcs? I’m lost

Steve wound up working for Heritage for a stretch.  

Of all the auction houses that feature comic books and comic art, Heritage by far charges the highest amount of fees. Even so, its service is the worst among all the auction houses. Normally, I'd assume you'd "get what you pay for", however, that ain't the case with Heritage as you pay the most for the lowest quality service.

Edited by KingOfRulers

On 1/3/2022 at 10:05 AM, KingOfRulers said:

Of all the auction houses that feature comic books and comic art, Heritage by far charges the highest amount of fees. Even so, it's service is the worst among all the auction houses. Normally, I'd assume you'd "get what you pay for", however, that ain't the case with Heritage as you pay the most for the lowest quality service.

For nearly 10 years these have been my rules for Comic purchases. In 2021 I did break rules 1,2,4 for a 1/1 "oddball" book I'd been seeking for 2 decades, and got very very lucky and all went pretty well although still feel it was shilled up a bit.  I also employ rules 1 and 4 for comic art.

1) Never buy from Heritage
2) Avoid purchasing a book even if graded unless viewed in person. Exceptions being very hard to find books then hi-res pics of front and back will hopefully suffice? This rule applies to all books in which approx going rate is being collected, not to discount lot type stuff.
3) Never purchase at going rate any book after it becomes hot. Wait until it cools and or simply move on to other books.
4) Never buy from Heritage, if in doubt see rule 1.

Edited by MAR1979

every day I get a marketing email from Heritage advertising many more auctions. I agree with @thehumantorchthat maybe they need to cool off on these auctions so they can ship! :pullhair:

Here is todays email of their auction schedule:

Below is the list of our auctions for the week of January 3 - 9. Use My WantList to be notified when specific items become available for bidding. Good luck bidding!

The following categories have auctions this week: US Coins, Urban Art, & Jewelry, along with our 11 weekly auctions.

Monday: January 3 Error Coinage US Coins Showcase Auction

Wednesday: January 5 Urban Art Showcase Auction

Thursday: January 6 Luxe Jewels Auction

And don't miss our weekly Internet Auctions, always open for bidding.

Tues. Jan. 4
US Currency

Tues. Jan. 4
World Paper Money

Tues. Jan. 4
Jewelry

Tues. Jan. 4
Video Games and Trading Cards

Tues.-Weds.
Jan. 4-5
US Coins

Weds. Jan. 5
Comic Art & Animation

Weds.-Thur.
Jan. 5-6
World Coin

Thur. Jan. 6
Natural History

Sun. Jan. 9
Sports

Sun. Jan. 9
Movie Posters

Sun.-Mon.
Jan. 9-10
Comics

THERE IS AN AUCTION EVERY DAY!!! :mad:

Heritage delay.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

On 1/3/2022 at 9:52 AM, Artboy99 said:

Below is the list of our auctions for the week of January 3 - 9. Use My WantList to be notified when specific items become available for bidding. Good luck bidding!

I searched in their "My Wantlist" for "SHIP MY BOOK ALREADY!" but could not find it.