• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what are the current limits when searching certification numbers?
3 3

10 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 1/10/2022 at 10:58 AM, William-James88 said:

I just got this message I never got before when looking up my comics on the CGC home page through the certification search

image.png.43022aa70c68c6484d0ff1849da93ad5.png

I only searched 6 comics. When will I be able to search for more?

If you are not able to add more in a reasonable amount of time, I would recommend abandoning that form and starting a new one.  If this problem persists, let me know, and I will submit a ticket to the web techs.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:41 AM, CGC Mike said:

If you are not able to add more in a reasonable amount of time, I would recommend abandoning that form and starting a new one.  If this problem persists, let me know, and I will submit a ticket to the web techs.

I am hitting this limit trying to download images of my slabbed comics.  It persists on multiple browser instances.

• Administrator
On 1/16/2024 at 5:47 PM, kcm54 said:

I am hitting this limit trying to download images of my slabbed comics.  It persists on multiple browser instances.

I think you are going to have to do some daily, instead of a lot of them in a single session.  It was set up this way to prevent someone from mining a ton of info off from our site.

Limits are draconian and hurtful given recent CGC recommendation due to multiple scandals. Not to mention the current limit helps enable fraud!

Seriously CGC you are using AWS there are a number of AI implementations that can prevent bot traffic. 

Edited by MAR1979

When researching books to buy and download images of my books I ran into the same problem.  Use a VPN. Connect and reconnect on your VPN and you should be okay. Rinse and repeat as desired.