• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have been seeing a lot of scammers showing up lately. Buyer Beware!
5 5

58 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hey all:

Lots of new accounts are being created these days.  If someone sends you a PM with a low or no post count, proceed with caution.  If it sounds too good, it's probably a scam. These scammers are contacting people with WTB ads.  Lately, I have seen two types of scams.  

1.  A friend has (insert book here)  You can contact him at (insert e-mail here)

2.  Scammer:  I have this (insert book here)  and shows a cover pic swiped from an auction site or social media site.  Buyer:  Got a back cover swipe?  Scammer shows wrong back cover pic.  Possibly from a different site than the first pic.  Sometimes, the back label is cropped.  

Feel free to share your encounters like this here.  If you feel you are being scammed, report the post.  You can do that by going to the upper right corner of the persons post.  There are 3 dots.  Click on them and a drop down with a choice to report will appear.  

On 1/10/2022 at 1:38 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Hey, I got an email today from a Mr. Hassan Omar Mustafa who has apparently been exiled from his country, but has $20 million in an account there he can only access if I help him out.  Anyone know this guy?

Omg I wish!!!  (worship)

I haven’t personally dealt with this on the boards, but my spidey sense did go off a couple times when I posted in WTB.  I was PM’d about a WTB post, then I responded with a few key questions of my own.  They never messaged back.  I only sell here though, so it makes it easy for me to avoid these knuckleheads.  Thanks, Mike!! (worship)

EEEE8588-901D-4B99-B205-2EF853E2ED61.jpeg

Edited by Galen130