• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd Annual Grading Contest Round 1 (Results are In)
11 11

221 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 6:04 PM, Bird said:

looks like you had a good 2nd round!

Let my second guessing, get the best of me 1st round. 

This time I listened more to my initial assessment.  

Would probably do a lot better if I actually sat down took the time to make notes of each defect and calculate.  :roflmao:

I know I can do better. I  just tend to either  rush things , or be lazy. (shrug)

On 1/18/2022 at 7:22 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Would probably do a lot better if I actually sat down took the time to make notes of each defect and calculate.  :roflmao:

I once started a thread about "how do you grade?". It was about this very thing...I never had a guide in my life and know someone who grades by tallying defects. I look at a bok, stand back and go"hmmmm, looks like a 5.5" and then try to convince myself otherwise. I couldn't tell you what length of spine split means what...I just ballpark it all out in my head.

On 1/10/2022 at 5:27 PM, William-James88 said:

Contest results so far. If you do not see your name on this list, it's because you scored a negative number. This is just the beginning though, 6 more books to come, and all as hard.

image.png.84cd38589ab4a85b420f69cc0bb699ad.png

Extra grading stats per book

Whiz Comics 78

Lowest grade given: 5.5

Highest grade given: 9.2

Average grade: 8.0

Master Comics 76

Lowest grade given: 5.0

Highest grade given: 9.0

Average grade: 7.0

Brave and the Bold 200

Lowest grade given: 7.5

Highest grade given: 9.8

Average grade: 9.2

Interesting how the Averages are exactly the grades I assessed these comics to be before being pressed

whats going on? did we get the round 2 standings?