• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V for Vendetta on HA questions and possible trade with Sandman art or Mignola

6 posts in this topic

Good morning people,

I have noticed there is a V for Vendetta page on HA that I might be interested into, but the description is very cryptic to an Italian mother tongue.

1) the page is "matted out". Does it mean it's glued to the matte, or that the light exposure yellowed the part exposed to the sun (which means the page is yellow and then, the part underneath the matte, is white)?

2) "collage elements" means photocopies? From my point of view, the answer is positive. It seems the nazis, the atomic explosion (with V standing) are not original art. What about the V in the last panel?

Anyway I still dig the page but don't have enough funds right now to purchase it straigh away, so I am considerin trading some Sandman art (not the Kelley Jones) or Mignola in order to get the V page. If someone wants to discuss a possible deal, drop me a line. Here is my CAF https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=47928

Ciao

Luca

Edited by pestonaccio

On 1/12/2022 at 4:24 AM, pestonaccio said:

Good morning people,

I have noticed there is a V for Vendetta page on HA that I might be interested into, but the description is very cryptic to an Italian mother tongue.

1) the page is "matted out". Does it mean it's glued to the matte, or that the light exposure yellowed the part exposed to the sun (which means the page is yellow and then, the part underneath the matte, is white)?

2) "collage elements" means photocopies? From my point of view, the answer is positive. It seems the nazis, the atomic explosion (with V standing) are not original art. What about the V in the last panel?

Anyway I still dig the page but don't have enough funds right now to purchase it straigh away, so I am considerin trading some Sandman art (not the Kelley Jones) or Mignola in order to get the V page. If someone wants to discuss a possible deal, drop me a line. Here is my CAF https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=47928

Ciao

Luca

You pretty much got the collage elements in panels 3 and 5 right. They appear to be photocopies glued to the panel. The V in the last panel looks like original art to me as the gray tone doesn’t match the tone in the collage elements. 

“Matted out” means it has a matte ready for framing, but HA is primarily using it to describe the size of the “art.” According to their description it is the matte that is fading. However, if ambient light was able to fade the matte, I would expect that the live area of the art be a different tone than the margins if you removed the matte. 

On 1/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, John E. said:

You pretty much got the collage elements in panels 3 and 5 right. They appear to be photocopies glued to the panel. The V in the last panel looks like original art to me as the gray tone doesn’t match the tone in the collage elements. 

“Matted out” means it has a matte ready for framing, but HA is primarily using it to describe the size of the “art.” According to their description it is the matte that is fading. However, if ambient light was able to fade the matte, I would expect that the live area of the art be a different tone than the margins if you removed the matte. 

thank you for the kind reply, that explains everything.

Is somebody is interested in a Sandman/Mignola piece and wants to get me this V for Vendetta page, I am open to any kind of discussion. My CAF link is in the previous thread.