• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jack Cole Hero Worship Thread.
2 2

184 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing those great pictures! I used to own a Plas 1 a long time ago and it was a fun read.

I've shown this picture on the boards before, but it needs to be added here as well. This is my little Jack Cole holding a comic by his namesake.

So who else has saddled their children with comic related names? I know there have to be a few Kirbys out there...

Jack%20Cole%20times%20two.JPG

:applause:

Wow , I havn't been to Gold in ages. What a great thread (worship)

That Plas 1 is sweet Doohick. Page one is a beautiful sight. I've only read reprints of those stories... never owned one. :(

Some day ..... hm

Those are all great images BB Gun ...and you picked two of my favorite Cole Police covers (25 & 26) to boot!

This copy of Silver Streak #7 isn't the Mile High book that I regrettably sold long ago, but it's almost as nice in every way. :cloud9:

While there are several GA books in my collection that I like almost as much, this remains my fave, with a spectacular Jack Cole cover and four awesome Cole illustrated stories (38 pages of Daredevil, Silver Streak, Dicky Dean and Pirate Prince)...

silverstreak_2.jpg

For Cole fans, it just doesn't get much better than this! :luhv:

Certainly one of the elite covers of the GA! :cool:

I've not heard of that website before but it looks like some really good information. Thanks for passing it along! (thumbs u

For those of you, who worshipped Jack Cole, this is the thread for you. I will posting scans of some of my Police and Plastic Man Comics in the next week. though I know, some of you will want to post his other artwork.

How about a nice Comet story from Pep Comics #3, March 1940? Note the comet was totally ripped off by the X-Men, but that's besides the point. This is a controversial story in which the Comet gets hypnotized and KILLS police officers!

Enjoy guys....

pep03_14.jpg

pep03_15.jpg

pep03_16.jpg

pep03_17.jpg

pep03_18.jpg

pep03_19.jpg

pep03_20.jpg

Enjoyed reading this sheild. Although I'm concentrating on Plas right now...... that sure is nice, and where I seem to be headed. (thumbs u

I appreciate you taking the time to post all that up

Edited by Senormac

For those of you, who worshipped Jack Cole, this is the thread for you. I will posting scans of some of my Police and Plastic Man Comics in the next week. though I know, some of you will want to post his other artwork.

How about a nice Comet story from Pep Comics #3, March 1940? Note the comet was totally ripped off by the X-Men, but that's besides the point. This is a controversial story in which the Comet gets hypnotized and KILLS police officers!

Enjoy guys....

pep03_14.jpg

Enjoyed reading this sheild. Alothough I'm concentrating on Plas right now...... that sure is nice, and where I seem to be headed. (thumbs u

I appreciate you taking the time to post all that up

And as we all know, this didn't turn out well for the Comet...but eventually we got the Hangman.

3658290535_cf91dae00f.jpg

4319130898_776fb61407_z.jpg

4691707295_cb5e98346d_z.jpg

I liked the scan so much, I went out and bought the rest of the book.

I love Coles splash pages. Some of the most creative work ever

This must be an old thread cuz alot of the pics don't come up anymore. Anyways, there was alot of talk about Police 102 in the early pages (where no pics show anymore) so I thought I would post up my #102 here.....

The cover is not signed but looks like Cole to me..... and the insides definately look like Coles work

Police102-1.jpg

Do you guys know about this blog?

http://colescomics.blogspot.com/2010/12/comet-jack-coles-forgotten-first.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ColesComics+(Cole%27s+Comics)

I apologize if it's already been mentioned, I didn't go through every page of the thread.

Thanks for that. I'd seen it before, but forgotten about it.

This must be an old thread cuz alot of the pics don't come up anymore.
I've only just discovered the thread and was a bit disappointed about this too. There's a lot of really interesting stuff being discussed here.

4319130898_776fb61407_z.jpg

4691707295_cb5e98346d_z.jpg

I liked the scan so much, I went out and bought the rest of the book.

I love Coles splash pages. Some of the most creative work ever

Two of my favourite pieces of artwork from Plastic Man Archives Volume 2, the book which made me understand how brilliant a writer / artist he was. Splash page design on par with Eisner.