• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Wars #8 OA page sells for 3.4 million, first page appearance of the black costume.
6 6

250 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2022 at 10:25 AM, MAR1979 said:

Fair point.There was obvious funny business with Video Games and Sports Cards last year by various Auction Houses.  They are shrewd, secretive and slippery so figuring out what the actual machinations are fallout side the current data we have to apply to the situation. 

C’mon 

Halperin is a stand-up guy:baiting:

Is it safe to assume this splash page would now be a 4 million dollar page?EF6B5F5E-E5EA-44AA-BECC-33802873B3E4.thumb.jpeg.748d500d8694cb4eff00eb64dede90a2.jpeg

On 1/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, MAR1979 said:

:facepalm:... it appears you two did not look close enough at the context of my post in your frenzied rushed to defend your overlord Heritage :)

If you look at the quoted post in my response, the context should be more clear. To expand on it from the original one-liner; What upset's me is that Heritage made 500K or so and Zeck still made zero.  Of course his amount must be zero unless he sold it.  But in overall grand universal scheme of things no one has to "like" it, although we do have to live with it.

My response remains the same.  Zeck sold it back in the day and that’s all there is to it. He is not entitled to any more.  And HA is deserving of their consignment fee.  

that may not sit well with you, but it is what it is

On 1/14/2022 at 6:47 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

For only $9.99 a month you can find out! Add an extra $7.99 for exclusive HOT messages just for you. Stuff like 'Oh baby I looked in your pants and saw a 9.8', and 'my bottom is a qualified 9.9. It's qualified because CGC believe it's too perfect to be a blue label.' 

I would mention something sexy about boobs, but they're getting reholdered after CGC labelled the left as right, giving me 2 righties. 9_9

Which brings me to my next point, kids, don't smoke crack.

On 1/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

C’mon 

Is it safe to assume this splash page would now be a 4 million dollar page?EF6B5F5E-E5EA-44AA-BECC-33802873B3E4.thumb.jpeg.748d500d8694cb4eff00eb64dede90a2.jpeg

although i prefer this page over the SW #8 page, I think Zeck trumps Frenz. 

On 1/14/2022 at 10:34 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

My response remains the same.  Zeck sold it back in the day and that’s all there is to it. He is not entitled to any more.  

that may not sit well with you, but it is what it is

Huh? That is exactly what I said. 

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/14/2022 at 10:16 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

How does Heritage make a commission on a book they probably bought themselves?  :insane:

Feels like a set-up 

Is Heritage about to auction the cover to Secret Wars 8 or something?hm

So is the owner of this jumping for joy now? Or at least have enough potential scratch to get decent scan made?

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1192109

Amazing Spider-Man 252 cover Comic Art

On 1/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

C’mon 

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=181058

Amazing Spiderman 252 Splash Comic Art

Ol' Dan, if he chooses, can now retire comfortably. I know I would.  Will however may be loosing some sleep

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

This is insane, the auction was one of the longest one's I've seen on Heritage live.

image.png.38bf752d1163a7d78b14d51a5c65e6b8.png

You are reading the wrong numbers.

Sold for plus including the buyers premium  $3,360,000.00.  

Edited by whisp

On 1/14/2022 at 4:35 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

My local radio show just mentioned this sale :ohnoez:

it's been on several media sources now. i think that heritage or any auction house that is quoted throughout mainstream media about a record breaking sale should have to reveal the identity of the buyer, so we would all know it's legitimate. of course that would never happen and buyers value their anonymity. i guess i'm trying to say that just like with the bogus super mario graded video game that they 'sold' for a record price, and which was all over the news, it's so easy for large auction houses to play games and publicize results that we cannot know are for sure legitimate. 

On 1/14/2022 at 9:43 PM, alexgross.com said:

it's been on several media sources now. i think that heritage or any auction house that is quoted throughout mainstream media about a record breaking sale should have to reveal the identity of the buyer, so we would all know it's legitimate. of course that would never happen and buyers value their anonymity. i guess i'm trying to say that just like with the bogus super mario graded video game that they 'sold' for a record price, and which was all over the news, it's so easy for large auction houses to play games and publicize results that we cannot know are for sure legitimate. 

I've been considering emailing congrats to my consignment contact. That has to be a big day for them (wasn't the auction 13 million or something, if that is right one item is 25% of them auction?).

Without getting political, when my family talks about a certain person suddenly becoming an artist and charging $500K per painting they think the buyers should be disclosed and I tell them it doesn't work that way, when you buy things like this it is a private transaction and auction houses or art reps are not going to turn over sales records to prove anything. And that is why auctions and art sales have always had predators searching for prey. And why HA is in TX as well I guess.

Chandelier bidding I believe it is called.

We'll never know. If it is "bogus" there are possibly multiple layers of dupes, shills and patsies involved to cover the tracks. wink wink nudge nudge

On 1/14/2022 at 9:43 PM, alexgross.com said:

You can’t buy that kind of publicity as an auction house.