• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Wars #8 OA page sells for 3.4 million, first page appearance of the black costume.
6 6

250 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2022 at 8:44 AM, Bookery said:

To this point... did my 3 pulp guides bring more attention to pulps then they might have gotten otherwise?  Can some of the recent explosion of interest (and value) be attributed to that?  I don't know.  But just to be on the safe side, I think everyone who sells a pulp should send a cut to me.  You'll feel better.

Hold your breath... you'll be the blue guy. :taptaptap:

On 1/30/2022 at 12:00 AM, Chaykin Stevens said:

Who said that in the documentary?

Had to be Kang. He only follows Kang. 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:25 PM, Bo1983 said:

I saw a documentary on YouTube about the black costume and the original plan was for the black costume to appear first in secret wars 8!

there was a documentary preview that is the first appearance of that video

On 1/28/2022 at 4:11 PM, Bird said:
On 1/26/2022 at 11:13 AM, VintageComics said:

And just so that people don't think I'm an Ogre, if I'd got the $3.8MIL check for selling that piece, I would likely cut a chunk of change to Mike Zeck as a thank you. 

How much? I don't know. I don't think he's OWED A SINGLE DIME but I think most good hearted people would do something for the guy. 

so you endorse the same outcome (giving Zeck money as a result of the sale) but only when you cast yourself as pure of heart and benevolent but anyone who accomplishes the same goal for a different intent is flawed unrealistic and impractical. :golfclap:

Sorry I didn't answer this sooner. I meant to. lol

Yes, because it should be a personal choice, like charity or volunteering and not something about being 'fair' which is what the other poster had posited. 

'Fair' denotes either legal or implied responsibility to me. He's not owed anything.

But conscience is an entirely different matter. 

That's how I perceive it. 

It's much like how some dealers do a comic deal and if they make a large amount, some kick funds back out of appreciation and some don't. I once left LIFE CHANGING money on the table on a deal I did. I felt I was owed NOTHING by the other party and didn't expect anything back as we both fulfilled the terms of the deal. I learned my lesson and moved on.

But I've done deals where I have made a lot of money and I've kicked money back in some of those deals. 

Make sense?

On 1/28/2022 at 4:53 PM, Ryan. said:

What about the writer for developing the story or the layout artist if a separate artist is used for that? What percentage, if any, should they get? 

Yep. 100%. That's a really tough call, because for example, without Miller layouts for Janson in DD #185-190, would those pages really be so sought after?

Or would the Byrne X-men pages be worth zillions of Claremont didn't --script them?

Edited by VintageComics

On 1/29/2022 at 6:47 PM, Bo1983 said:

I wonder what the original art work for this cover would go for?

662362A2-D023-4F1F-9517-6AE48C6E6186.png

I am more concerned about whatever substances you may be taking. 

I read your Henry Cavill as Hyperion thread lol 

:baiting:

I am kidding.  You are amusing.  Keep at it.  I laugh.