• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All perfect 10's get subgrades...
1 1

12 posts in this topic

How do you guys make up this rule NOW after grading a million cards? 

So the 23 cards I have that are a 10 with no sub-grades will be viewed as not perfect bc they were graded AFTER this was implemented? 

And I have to PAY to resubmit them to check? After its now a free service? So the people with 10's and no subgrades that already had their cards graded are just sht out of luck?

Seems crazy to implement something like this AFTER already grading a million cards..

Anyone else see the issue with this? I've been on CGCs side with everything...but this... this pisses me off to no end. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:53 PM, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

They giving subs for free on perfect 10s now? 

Before you only got Perfect if you bought subs, and a Pristine otherwise correct?

Yup. Now if its 'Perfect' theyll put them on for free. So the 20+ 10's that I have will now be viewed as not 'Perfect' since they implemented this change now...

They should at least let their PREVIOUS customers who got 10's re-submit to check. I know they're trying to get new customers in as PSA lowers their prices; but dont just screw over previous customers. 

On 1/14/2022 at 6:59 PM, Oreos said:

Yup. Now if its 'Perfect' theyll put them on for free. So the 20+ 10's that I have will now be viewed as not 'Perfect' since they implemented this change now...

They should at least let their PREVIOUS customers who got 10's re-submit to check. I know they're trying to get new customers in as PSA lowers their prices; but dont just screw over previous customers. 

They've pulled off another shafting. How shocking. Didn't make sense that they didn't to begin with other than trying to weasel a few for bucks out of everyone for subs or a re-sub fee with subs. You should check out the comics area if you don't already. This place is turning into a monkey mess fight. Looks like even there long term customers ready to dip.

TAT higher than giraffe , QC is dog, they keep raising prices on everything, stupid mess like this with the grade changes to 10s.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:59 PM, Oreos said:

You'll have to help me out here because I am lost. If 10 is the best grade possible, then what does it matter what the subgrades are? Why would your 10 be viewed as any less if it's still a perfect grade?

On 1/20/2022 at 10:32 AM, William-James88 said:

You'll have to help me out here because I am lost. If 10 is the best grade possible, then what does it matter what the subgrades are? Why would your 10 be viewed as any less if it's still a perfect grade?

CGC has a pristine 10 and perfect 10, Pristine being one of the grades is a 9.5 and perfect being all around 10. The problem is if you didn't pay for subs previously, the highest you can get is a Pristine 10, so even if it was a perfect 10 you could only get a pristine 10. 

What I am figuring out is that you have to "Grade" the card again to find out of its a perfect 10 or pristine 10, but you might as well pay the $10 to get the sub grades along with the grading tier. I was hoping there was an option to just submit as reholder to get the subs but unfortunately it seems like that is not that case. 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:43 PM, ksaechao said:

CGC has a pristine 10 and perfect 10, Pristine being one of the grades is a 9.5 and perfect being all around 10. The problem is if you didn't pay for subs previously, the highest you can get is a Pristine 10, so even if it was a perfect 10 you could only get a pristine 10. 

This sounds like the biggest BS I ever heard. That's literally paying for a higher grade.

Like if in comics, I would only be sure to get a 10 is I screened for a 10, and could never get that if I didn't pay the extra screening fee.

I would submit my 10s for re-grade just to get the sub grades, but I'm afraid CGC would damage the cards while cracking their own slabs, resulting in lower grades.

@CGC Mike Is there any guarantee that if we submit our 10s to get sub grades, that we will at least get back a 10? It would really suck to pay twice for the same card to be graded just to get it back with a lower grade.

• Administrator
On 1/30/2022 at 11:54 PM, RoLaren said:

I would submit my 10s for re-grade just to get the sub grades, but I'm afraid CGC would damage the cards while cracking their own slabs, resulting in lower grades.

@CGC Mike Is there any guarantee that if we submit our 10s to get sub grades, that we will at least get back a 10? It would really suck to pay twice for the same card to be graded just to get it back with a lower grade.

We guarantee the grade won't go down if we don't damage it.  The probability of damaging the card is very small. If the off chance we damage the card, we would pay for the card.