• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ongoing Thread (hopefully) - Classic Movies that should NEVER be 're-imagined' (remaid)
2 2

51 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

umm.. 

Never seen Real Genius or Better off Dead... are they must see or will my life remain unchanged? 

You’ll probably survive, but we are talking about Val Kilmer and John Cusack. (worship)

17E2FF53-EE07-4DFF-8B4F-D2BE99CACDBC.jpeg

38048E51-4E31-4501-85AD-8C7E0F4DC7FC.gif

On 1/20/2022 at 8:27 AM, Bosco685 said:

The first two films were solid reenergizers to a franchise that has brought so many positive social and inspirational themes.

The third one was also good. But seemed to focus more on the action and not as focused on the the traditional themes. But I still appreciate it nonetheless.

There were many aspects of the films that I liked; the cast, new continuity etc, but in hindsight the Abrams movies have not aged well for me. JJ is just seeing how much he can blow up in as little time as possible with little regard for story. Entertaining, perhaps. A fun night out, sure. They don't hold a candle to the original films in heart and story, IMHO. Now get off my lawn!

I actually like the third one the best as it gets back to Star Trek roots. Not flawless but serviceable.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:40 PM, Larryw7 said:

The original Star Wars Trilogy

I'd be open to the final chapter re-done to end on a Wookie planet instead of the Ewoks (animated would be fine).  My only sacred cows are the first two, Return of the Jedi doesn't make the cut thanks to them cutesy rodents.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:10 AM, Capn17 said:
  •  
  • Stripes
  • Tombstone

Stripes - agree, be like the all-female Ghostbusters

Tombstone - if it's the one with Val Kilmer - yeah, one of the greatest westerns ever made. Do.Not.Touch.

tombstone gif | Tumblr | Val kilmer, Tombstone, Star wars canon

It will only end up like 3:10 to Yuma - a good film - but it was based on High Noon - and therefore paled into insignificance when compared side by side.