• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Sign-up Thread CLOSED!!!
29 29

618 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 1/21/2022 at 2:01 PM, speedcake said:

How are we settling ties?

Nothing is etched in stone yet but, if we need to settle ties, we have plenty of books to do tiebreaker rounds.  

On 1/21/2022 at 5:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

Nothing is etched in stone yet but, if we need to settle ties, we have plenty of books to do tiebreaker rounds.  

tiebreaker should win the books!  :acclaim:

• Administrator
On 1/22/2022 at 8:04 PM, TheGeneral said:

Darn, looks like I missed the signup. Do you have any backup slots in case someone doesn't submit grades? @CGC Mike

Good luck to everyone!

Sorry, we do not.  Although, this Winter edition was posted a little late.  The Spring edition signup will begin early to mid April. And, I will be holding off on e-mail and social media announcements for a week to allow members who post regularly here to get first chance at the signup.   

On 1/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, CGC Mike said:

Sorry, we do not.  Although, this Winter edition was posted a little late.  The Spring edition signup will begin early to mid April. And, I will be holding off on e-mail and social media announcements for a week to allow members who post regularly here to get first chance at the signup.   

:foryou:

even a tutorial on how it will work would be nice

this is the first one...give all these n00bs some time to understand what we are doing

me too :sumo:

I just did a grading contest but it was apparently not exactly a true grading contest and this is the first official...can we get an idea of what the parameters are? Do we all come over and look at the book together or do we have our own appointments? (shrug)

On 1/25/2022 at 3:11 PM, Bird said:

can we get an idea of what the parameters are? Do we all come over and look at the book together or do we have our own appointments? (shrug)

The second post in this thread outlines how it's going to work:

I guess I was asking more about the format is it one scan front and back, Are they books that were submitted so we have raw scans and then grades etc.

you’re right that i’m not really asking for the rules but more examples as I don’t think the grading contest I just did it’s going to be similar to this one for some reason

but I get that I’ll just have to wait

• Administrator
On 1/25/2022 at 11:34 AM, Bird said:

I guess I was asking more about the format is it one scan front and back, Are they books that were submitted so we have raw scans and then grades etc.

Seems this is our first one, everything isn't etched in stone yet but, I believe there will be raw, front and back scans for grading and scans of the slabs for the reveal.  

On 1/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

Seems this is our first one, everything isn't etched in stone yet but, I believe there will be raw, front and back scans for grading and scans of the slabs for the reveal.  

:headbang:

Thank you.